The install path is not taken over

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

The install path is not taken over

Postby Joegar0815 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:39 am

Good morning,
I got the Studio 3.5 Max and am in the process of downloading some content (which is not insignificant in terms of disk space) :) I was able to change the download path under the settings. However, the entered path under "Install to..." is not taken over for the respective content (especially if it was already installed in one place).

Is this the way it is supposed to be? How can I change this, since the path where it is now installed does not have a lot of free space.

Thanks for an answer and best regards
Jens
Joegar0815

Re: The install path is not taken over

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:51 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

If the "Install too ..." option is not working for a new library, then please report that to Support as that would be a bug.

Contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.

You can move the library yourself (maybe this will be added to the IKPM), but only to do this if you understand fully what you are doing:
-- create a high-level folder in the desired destination (e.g. X:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4),
-- copy everything from the old folder into this one,
-- rename the old folder (so the program cannot access it),
-- run the stand-alone program and change the library path to the new folder, in the program's Preference Settings,
-- check that the instruments can be loaded and played.

If all is OK, you can delete that old (renamed) folder.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Joegar0815 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:15 pm

Hi thanks for an answer,
the error comes up, if i have begin to download some Libraries (like Sample Tank 4) and abort it, cause i have tke a wrong directory. So i dissided to change the Dir but the Program has written it to the old Folder.

But now i have had installed the Manager on another Computer and started from beginning :) Now it is all there (i hope) on the external Drive.

Thanks for support and have a nice day.
Jens
Joegar0815

Postby PZone36 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:02 pm

I have this problem also .... its filled up my c drive even though i chose to install to a larger drive I will try the workaround ... and probably uninstall reinstall the program manger :(
PZone36

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools