Install XXX Sound Content - all installers crash instantly

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Install XXX Sound Content - all installers crash instantly

Postby darrena » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:08 pm

Hello All: I have submitted a ticket, but perhaps there's a workaround.

I'm on a Mac Studio Ultra 128GB RAM / 4TB HDD with 2+TB Free Running Ventura 13.1

IK Product Manager crashes every time I try to install sound content and I think I know why. When I go to the directories where the content has been downloaded, opening a .dmg file, and then running the installer app, which is typically named "Install XXX Sound Content" (e.g., "Install Alan Parsons Imperial Grand Sound Content") will instantly crash when launched.

Two Questions:
1. These .dmg images include this installer and a folder of content. In the Alan Parsons example above it's a folder called "SampleTank 3 Sound Content" with subfolders "Instruments", "Library Info", and "Samples" and in Syntronik examples, it's a folder called "Syntronik Sound Content" and then the same subfolders, except there's also a "Multis" folder.

Can I just drag these into the target folder? It'll be a pain in the ass, but with all of the "helper apps" crashing instead of helping, I suspect it's my only option?

2. Is there any way to use IK Product Manager to download but not attempt to install the sound content? Trying to install just results in a crash 100% of the time.
darrena

Re: Install XXX Sound Content - all installers crash instant

Postby darrena » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:03 am

UPDATE: I do not have a solution for this, but I have discovered that it's the older installers (such as the ones for SampleTank 3 sound sets) that crash.

If you're installing from IK Product Manager, you must enable Full Disk Access for Product Manager in your Mac's Privacy & Security settings. Only then can you install this content without a crash.
darrena

Re: Install XXX Sound Content - all installers crash instant

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:24 pm

^^^
Good catch :)

It may be the the older installers need to access areas that are now protected by the operating system. Ideally, IK Multimedia should update those installers or provide suitable installation guidelines.

I will update the IKPM tips thread.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools