"Free" license with hardware purchase(s)

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

"Free" license with hardware purchase(s)

Postby Phillipdrummond1 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:06 am

Hi folks,

Pardon me, I'm totally new to this, but here goes:

I bought iloud mini monitors and iRig Stream. With registering, it told me that I get to pick two software licenses and I believe get the SE (standard edition) for two different titles. I picked from a drop down menu the Modo Bass and the Philharmonic. However, when I go to the IKPM, it shows that I have 180 day licenses for these and other products like sample tank under the "Sounds" tab. Don't I get a permanent license of Modo Bass and Miroslav Philharmonik if these are the two licenses I chose? I see 180 days left for Samptank 4 SE, Miroslav, Syntronik etc. I guess those are demos, but I'm hoping I get permanent licenses for the ones that I selected for the purchase of each hardware item. Help!
Phillipdrummond1

Re: "Free" license with hardware purchase(s)

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:53 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Yes, it can be a bit confusing for a new-comer. Rest assured, all is well.

Your software licences are for at least 30 years, if I read the EULA correctly. The 180 days is the period allowed to download the big sounds library files (e.g. for SampleTank 4, Syntronik 2 etc). Once the library is installed you can use the sounds for as long as the software licence lasts.

Miroslav Philharmonik falls into that category, but MODO Bass uses physical modelling and does not have a sounds library.

IKM recommends that, after a sound library is successfully installed, you back up the downloaded sounds library files to an archive disk (so that if you need them again you will not have to spend the time downloading them or pay a small Downloads Reactivation fee if the 180 days has expired).

Check out the IKPM Tips thread too.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: "Free" license with hardware purchase(s)

Postby Phillipdrummond1 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:07 pm

So helpful! Thank you!
Phillipdrummond1

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools