Installing Total Studio Max3.5 Mac - Which items are dups?

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Installing Total Studio Max3.5 Mac - Which items are dups?

Postby Chromasuns11 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:00 am

Amazing library and great deal. Glad I bought it!

I have a few questions about installation around ensuring everything is downloaded without downloading unnecessary items. I had some issues and want to avoid these when migrating to new system.

SampleTank: The only software application to download is Sampletank 4, but there are 4 sets of sounds (4, 4 Max, 4 CS, 4 SE). If I download 4 Max does that include all the others?

Syntronk 1 & 2: This is even more confusing to me. There is an software application installer for versions 1 & 2. However, there are huge sound installers for version 2 and Deluxe. There are also individual installers for all the instruments (Versions 1 & 2).
-Can I just download the 2 large installers (Syntronik 2 and Deluxe) to get everything?
-Will these also install them in sampletank?
-Are the sounds in version 1 & 2 different (and do I really need both or just 2?)
-Is Deluxe just a bigger version of Version 1?

Same this with Modo bass 1 & 2. Do I really need to install v1? is it different?

Essentially, since there is a time limit on downloads, I want to be sure I download all the needed installers, but not extra stuff.
Chromasuns11

Re: Installing Total Studio Max3.5 Mac - Which items are dup

Postby DarkStar » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:22 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. Yes all those libraries can be a bit confusing, ;)

SampleTank: I believe that the SampleTank 4 ("ST4") MAX library does contain all the sounds. ST4 CS is the free edition that all IKM User Accounts get (along with several other free products). I do not know why you have the ST4 and ST4 SE libraries too.

On this page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/index.php?p=versions there are links to PDFs for the various libraries, including a comparison PDF.

Syntronik: Syntronik 1 ("Syn1") is the original; Syntronik 2 ("Syn2") is the second generation.
  • Syn1 came in two editions: Syn 1 and Syn1 Deluxe; the latter had a larger library Syn1 had 17 synths, Syn1 Deluxe had 22.
  • Syn2 has those same 22 synths, but with additional "Syn2-compatible" presets (including wavetables). And Syn2 MAX adds 11 new synths.

From what you have said, you only need to install the Syn2 library. And, yes, all those instruments can be used in ST4.

MODO Bass: v1 is the original, v2 is the replacement. You only need the latter.

Remember to install the products using the IK Product Manager, and keep a back-up of the library downloads in case you need to re-install them later.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Installing Total Studio Max3.5 Mac - Which items are dup

Postby Chromasuns11 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:34 pm

Thanks for your help, this is perfect!!
Chromasuns11

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools