Q: Getting trial versions of MODO Drum kits

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Re: Q: Getting trial versions of MODO Drum kits

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:01 pm

Total Studio 3.5 MAX includes MODO DRUM 1.0 and the 10 original kits (not MODO DRUM SE 1.5 (which Includes 2 kits))
Black Oyster
Bubinga
Djentleman
Extreme
Grungy
Jazzy
Plexi
Reference
Rock Custom
Studio

As on this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ts3/index.php?p=versions#compare

The content of a bundle is fixed when the bundle is first released, Newer sounds or gear are not added, But you will get updates to the software, so you can update MODO Drum to v1.5.

Now, looking at the Release Notes, the reference to "Added 3 new kits: Silver, Brit Custom and Metal." is. in my view. misleading (and I have raised the use of similar statements with IKM Sales in the past, it should say something like "includes support for 3 new kits...."). As I understand it, if you buy MODO Drum 1.5 you would get all 13 kits. But if you have MODO Drum 1.0 you can update the software to v1.5 (and onwards) but would not get the 3 new kits.

I will guess that Total Studio 4 MAX (if it does become a product) will include MODO Drum 1.5.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:08 pm

And, to see what edition is Registered, click on the [Products] tab for MODO Drum in the IKPM.

Re: the locked thread - the content of your post was deleted by accident. There were no replies to it.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:38 pm

DarkStar wrote:Total Studio 3.5 MAX includes MODO DRUM 1.0 and the 10 original kits (not MODO DRUM SE 1.5 (which Includes 2 kits))
Black Oyster
Bubinga
Djentleman
Extreme
Grungy
Jazzy
Plexi
Reference
Rock Custom
Studio

As on this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ts3/index.php?p=versions#compare

The content of a bundle is fixed when the bundle is first released, Newer sounds or gear are not added, But you will get updates to the software, so you can update MODO Drum to v1.5.

Now, looking at the Release Notes, the reference to "Added 3 new kits: Silver, Brit Custom and Metal." is. in my view. misleading (and I have raised the use of similar statements with IKM Sales in the past, it should say something like "includes support for 3 new kits...."). As I understand it, if you buy MODO Drum 1.5 you would get all 13 kits. But if you have MODO Drum 1.0 you can update the software to v1.5 (and onwards) but would not get the 3 new kits.

I will guess that Total Studio 4 MAX (if it does become a product) will include MODO Drum 1.5.

Yeah, it’s totally misleading. I said it earlier, and even though someone in this thread who works at IK refused this assessment, I’ll say it again -

The version of Modo Drum that comes in Total Studio is a different version and should therefore have its own name.

It doesn’t have 13 kits, so it’s not 1.5
It doesn’t have the Brit custom kit etc, and it’s not going to get any more kits added to it, so it’s not SE.
You can’t download trial versions with it, so it’s not CS.

So… it’s a different version, and it should be categorised as such, and customers should be made aware of what they can and can’t expect from that version.
BarryLegg1980

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:41 pm

DarkStar wrote:Re: the locked thread - the content of your post was deleted by accident. There were no replies to it.

No I’m talking about something else. there’s another thread somewhere about people having other, similarly ridiculous problems with the IK retail model, and I commented that it the whole thing feels like a mess, and as such my comment was deleted and the thread was locked.
BarryLegg1980

Postby yeahimsteve » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:49 pm

The problem Barry, is that you're being rational and making too much sense. In 2022, that's not a thing anymore.
yeahimsteve

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:46 pm

I'm sure IK Support can figure out what is going on. Please work with them or continue to do so and they'll resolve your issue. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools