Q: Getting trial versions of MODO Drum kits

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Q: Getting trial versions of MODO Drum kits

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:10 pm

huh - it gets weirder - I just RTFM for IKPM, and it mentions the 'discover' tab, where you can look up stuff you don't own and presumably get demos for it, but I just straight up don't have a 'discover' tab in my Product Manager!

See screen shot:

BarryLegg1980

Re: IK Product Manager - tips

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:44 pm

Er, ok - so, now my posts have been deleted etc - Is there any kind of answer incoming?
BarryLegg1980

Re: Q: Getting trial versions of MODO Drum kits

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:40 am

Your first post was deleted by accident. Please accept our apologies.

I have now split your posts on this topic into their own thread, for clarity and focus. If you wish, please post your original question on this thread. (You could even Edit the first post and add the text there..)

I have v1.0.4 of the IKPM here and it does have the [Discover] tab. Click on the [?] button in the title bar to check the version.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby yeahimsteve » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:32 pm

The problem is that the free versions of Modo Bass and Modo Drums are making the Product Manager think that both products already belong to the user (since both were given to everybody for free and now show up in everybody's products tab), therefore neither full trial version of Modo Bass or Modo Drums are showing up under the "discover" tab.

How are we to do the trial of the SE or full versions when the free versions are already installed and listed under "Manage My Products?"
yeahimsteve

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:58 am

Hi - i've got IKPM 1.04

I used to have the 'discover' tab, until i got Total Studio 3.5 max.

When i open IKPM, it does momentarily show the 'discover' tab then disappears. I'm getting this both on my Mac and my PC
BarryLegg1980

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:03 am

Here it is on my PC (the other screenshot was from the Mac) - where as you can see i've got hardly anything installed.

It must be because it sees that i own 'everything' (i don't there are kits that people get in MODO Drum 1.x that i for some reason don't qualify - which is annoying)

But i can't actually download any demos of anything now. Which is also annoying.

BarryLegg1980

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:13 am

So how come i don't get those kits when i bought it as part of TS3.5max but other people do? That hardly seems fair tbh.
BarryLegg1980

Postby yeahimsteve » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:17 am

Hey Barry,

I agree, but I think they are doing the newer Modo Drum and Modo Bass 2 in Total Studio Max v4, whenever that comes out. I think that both of these newer versions came out after Max 3.5, which is what you bought.
I don't disagree with you though. It would have been nice for those newer versions to be able to be purchased in the Max bundle that's currently available, which you bought.

I sent an email to support and they told me that I can't demo the full versions at all. The only "trial" apparently is the free versions that they gave everybody. Not applicable to you but I'm answering my original question that I wrote above your posts.
yeahimsteve

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:04 pm

So, can i just confirm from someone in the know - is that it then? This is all happening as intended -

You buy Total Studio - therefore you can no longer have demos of anything at all?

Not even demos of the drumkits that you might have hoped you would got in the update with all the other Modo Drum 1.x users...
BarryLegg1980

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:06 pm

Sidenote - if you're going to give Total Studio Max customers a different version of Modo Drum from everyone else - maybe call it something different. And maybe don't rub it in by announcing updates to those customers that they're not going to get.

Or maybe just be honest and say 'while we're still supporting and providing updates for this application, the version you're buying won't give you any of those updates' so we're all on the same page.
BarryLegg1980

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:44 pm

Please report your issue of not being able to demo things after Total Studio 3.5 MAX because that shouldn't be the case. But also note that MODO DRUM CS (the free kit) is the way you demo MODO DRUM.

Second, you don't get a different version. Please also check with IK Support what is going on in your case because that isn't the normal behavior. They'll be able to take care of you much better than is happening in this thread as sometimes a user-to-user forum doesn't work out as well as official support (and other times it sure does, just not in this case).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:08 pm

right so you're saying i should have access to the three new kits then? ok that's a start.

i mean, this is obviously account related and not software related because i have the same issue on two different computers. So this just seems insane to me.

Sorry but i gotta say again - all of my experience with IK Multimedia after having bought a bunch of stuff has been bewildering and annoying and from what i'm seeing in a lot of other places - i'm not the only one to feel this way.

<edit> and i see the post where i made this observation in a different thread of people having bad experiences with IK products has been deleted, along with the reply to it and the thread has been locked. Nice. Classy.
Last edited by BarryLegg1980 on Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BarryLegg1980

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:12 pm

BarryLegg1980 wrote:right so you're saying i should have access to the three new kits then? ok that's a start.

For SE, yes you should have the three kits specified on the MODO DRUM web page.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:15 pm

Do i have SE?! I don't know! I bought Total Studio Max recently - is that the version that i have? God dang this is so confusing...
BarryLegg1980

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:23 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
BarryLegg1980 wrote:right so you're saying i should have access to the three new kits then? ok that's a start.

For SE, yes you should have the three kits specified on the MODO DRUM web page.

btw i even tried uninstalling everything and deathorising it and tried to start again with Modo drum CS in order to get the demos... nope. just doesn't work.
BarryLegg1980

Next

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools