IK Product Manager - shortcomings?

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

IK Product Manager - shortcomings?

Postby rtTorstrick » Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:06 am

I'm installing Total Studio Max on a Windows 11 machine where I'm also trying to conserve hard disk space. I have many, many iKM titles installed already. After a few install errors (not the subject here, I can sort this out from past experience) I tried to reinstall content using the IK Product Manager.

Unfortunately, even though I have already downloaded the many Gigabytes of content (which is still present in the designated download folder) IK Product Manager insists on re-downloading the content even though it is already present. Really? To avoid the hours of downloading, I have to go through the convoluted install process of moving each of those individual zipped files to the desktop (in order to work around iK's too-long file name problem), unzip them there, drill down to find the installer file and run it, then delete all that content to recover the space on my C: drive, only to start the whole process over and over with all the content file downloads. A royal PITA.

My question is, why can't iK Product Manager see and use previously and fully downloaded content?
rtTorstrick

Re: IK Product Manager - shortcomings?

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:39 pm

Re-using the download files in its downloads folder is what the IKPM is meant to do. Then there is no need for the IKPM to download the files again.

As it is not doing that for you, please contact Support who should be able to investigate and resolve the problem.t
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools