ARC3 Exclude from Headphone Mix

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

ARC3 Exclude from Headphone Mix

Postby paulpiroska » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:47 pm

Hi folks, I am new to ARC 3 and expect this question has already been asked and answered but could not find it. I have ARC3 running smoothly in Presonus Studio One Professional 5.5. However, the corrected audio signal is being applied to both headphone mix and the studio speakers.

Obviously, the corrected signal should not be applied to the headphone mix, but I have not thought of an easy way to remove it (other than turning off ARC3 (and remembering to turn it back on) everytime I switch from headphones to speakers (which I do with some frequency).

Thanks!
paulpiroska

Re: ARC3 Exclude from Headphone Mix

Postby Tom Kearney » Wed May 25, 2022 12:16 am

This probably won’t help you directly, but I use Reaper, and I have two sets of outputs to my Scarlett interface.

Reaper has “monitor effects”, and I have Arc3 on the main outputs, and a headphone corrector (a flattener) on the headphone outputs. This works perfectly!

When I render a mix, I don’t have to disable Arc3, since it’s only on the monitor effects.

Hopefully Presonus has a similar ability. I would think your interface needs at least two outputs, also.

Good luck!
Tom
Tom Kearney

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools