Product Manager>Sounds>Install To & Reinstall Library

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Product Manager>Sounds>Install To & Reinstall Library

Postby JMBand » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:39 pm

I just downloaded, installed, and authorized a bunch of applications from IK, including Sample Tank 4 SE (which I bought) and Syntronic 2 (free version).

Toward the end of the installation of Syntronic 2, I got a window telling me I needed to go to Sounds and load them up prior to using Syntronic. Now, with Sample Tank 4, this was all done WITH the installation. But that was not the case with Syntronic.

So, I went to Product Manager>Sounds>Syntronic 2>Options and I have the two choices: "Install to" and "Reinstall Library". Isn't "Install to" done with the Syntronic installation to the default folder? So I shouldn't have to be concerned with that, right?

So my main question is, should I click on the "Reinstall Library" option in order to load up the sounds in Syntronic 2 before I attempt to use it? :?:
JMBand

Re: Product Manager>Sounds>Install To & Reinstall Library

Postby DarkStar » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:11 pm

I think that the Syntronik 2 (free edition) installs the library at the same time as the software. And it may well be within the ST4 SE library folders.

Have a look around you system to see if you can find any Syntronik instruments.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Product Manager>Sounds>Install To & Reinstall Library

Postby JMBand » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:34 am

Thanks for the reply!

No, my Syntronic 2 download did not install the sounds. So I went back to IK Product Manager, clicked the Sounds tab and downloaded them from there.

Don't know why the Sample Tank 4 sounds downloaded along with the program but Syntronic 2's sounds did not. But all's well that ends well 8-)
JMBand

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools