Can't get IK Product Manager to work right!!

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Can't get IK Product Manager to work right!!

Postby ponderifica » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:46 pm

So last night I installed the software side of my IK product manager to my Internal HD for a new iMac I just purchased.

Now, I am trying to install my Sounds content to an External HD I just bought this morning. I don't want 300 odd GB of sounds data weighing down my internal.

But for some reason, IK product manager refuses to work. I tried "Install To" for my first sound content pack, seems simple enough. But it didn't download and save to my desired External HD location, instead to my default Internal HD location.

So I went into settings and tried to change the default location. But it simple just wont make the change even after I select the new location. I have restarted my computer to no avail. Whats going on? I needed this stuff installed yesterday as I have sessions all day today!!

Im on Mojave 10.14.4. Any help asap is super appreciated thank you.
ponderifica

Re: Can't get IK Product Manager to work right!!

Postby ponderifica » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:28 pm

UPDATE:

I figured out the drive issue. I needed to change it to Mac OS Journaled. So thats solved.

However there is still no clear way to installing all my sounds on an external. "Install To" still does not work and I realized that the folder path in settings was for downloads only.

Why is this so confusing? I really just need it to be simple and work.
ponderifica

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools