Best Way To Download And Save Sounds

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Best Way To Download And Save Sounds

Postby steveo42 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:20 pm

Hi All.... So I have TS 3.5 MAXX upgraded from TS 3.0 Maxx and all my sound libraries have been re-activated. So I want to save my sound libraries using the easiest possible method and having read through the FAQ, PM doc and some threads in this forum I am still confused.

So considering:

1. I have all of TS 3.5 MAXX installed and working, at least I think I do. There is so much stuff.

How do I easily download just all the sound libraries using Product Manager and save them to an external drive for safe keeping without screwing up my already installed and working programs, sounds and libraries?

Thanks for any advice!
steveo42

Re: Best Way To Download And Save Sounds

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:39 pm

IKPM dos not have a "Download only" option, as far as I know.

After installation of the sounds libraries, You could:
(a) if the sounds download files are still in the IKPM downloads folder, copy them to a back-up disk.
(b) go to your User Are / My Products and download each sounds library file (including any Sounds Updates) from there, keeping a close eye on what you download to make sure you do not miss any.

(c) make a back-up copy of the installed libraries; that way you avoid the re-downloads.

I do (c).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Best Way To Download And Save Sounds

Postby steveo42 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:17 pm

Thank you DarkStar. I appreciate the help. I am going to go with choice "C" as well because it makes sense to me.
steveo42

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools