Product Manager filling up C: drive when it shouldn't

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Product Manager filling up C: drive when it shouldn't

Postby julianhoika » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:50 am

I've recently got a bunch of IK Multimedia products in the group buy, and left them to download overnight after setting the download path to my dedicated sample drive which has around 600GB free space left. My C: drive is a 240GB, with, last night, about 30GB left of free space on it.

I came back to it this morning to be greeted with an error telling me it ran out of available space. It appears it's been downloading to the public documents folder on my C: drive instead of my sample drive. I double checked in the settings to make sure I hadn't forgotten to click 'OK' or something, but it all seems correctly set up. Is there anything I can do, or am I simply not going to be able to download without having free space on C:?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I just noticed that by clicking "more options" on the individual sound content packs, I can choose where to install it. Trying it now, so I guess I'll find out in a few hours. Apologies if the post is for nothing!
julianhoika

Re: Product Manager filling up C: drive when it shouldn't

Postby MrFigg » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:07 am

julianhoika wrote:I've recently got a bunch of IK Multimedia products in the group buy, and left them to download overnight after setting the download path to my dedicated sample drive which has around 600GB free space left. My C: drive is a 240GB, with, last night, about 30GB left of free space on it.

I came back to it this morning to be greeted with an error telling me it ran out of available space. It appears it's been downloading to the public documents folder on my C: drive instead of my sample drive. I double checked in the settings to make sure I hadn't forgotten to click 'OK' or something, but it all seems correctly set up. Is there anything I can do, or am I simply not going to be able to download without having free space on C:?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Open Product Manager. Select Software. Click on the Preferences Tab at the top (the little cog). Change the location of your Downloads Folder. :)

Edit: Saw your Edit :)
MrFigg

Postby julianhoika » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:06 am

MrFigg wrote:Open Product Manager. Select Software. Click on the Preferences Tab at the top (the little cog). Change the location of your Downloads Folder. :)

Edit: Saw your Edit :)

Seems to be working as intended now. You'd think after 10 years of messing about with music software, I'd be able to clock that there's an option for choosing your install path, but there you go! Thanks anyway :D
julianhoika

Postby jeff_free69 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:37 pm

Good to know. But I don't think it would upset anybody to add a confirmation pop-up when starting the download, and give the option to change and make permanent on the fly.
jeff_free69

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools