OLD CSR version vs TR version? archives not loading

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

OLD CSR version vs TR version? archives not loading

Postby nutrapuppy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:01 pm

Greetings.
New machine, Windows 10 running Studio One 5. I am loading projects done on the previous computer (all the same specs but faster CPU and RAM) to make sure I have all my plugins installed and ready for work. I am finding an anomaly in that my old machine had 64-bit CSR plugins, but not named TR. I am trying to locate an install and auth for those older 64-bit CSR versions. I don't mind using TR versions in the future, but I have an awful lot of archives that will want to see that old CSR when I load them again. I have searched the web and this forum for a solution or other user experiences, but have come up empty. I am wondering if I am the only one who has run into this issue.
I did go old-school and try to duplicate and rename the DLL, but it still is not showing up in Studio One. How does one go about finding older installs?
nutrapuppy

Re: OLD CSR version vs TR version? archives not loading

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:53 pm

Renaming the DLL will not work as the CSR plug-ins are different from their TR5 cousins.

You should be able to find Classik Studio Reverb is your User Area /My Products section. Ignore the "IK Product Manager download" button as iKPM does not support CSR. Click on [Past Releases] and download the installer from there.

Oh, and CSR is 32-bit only.

It would be worth migrating your projects to use the (free) TR5 Custom sShop. Your CSR modules should be available in there.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby nutrapuppy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:26 pm

Thanks for the reply!
Just going back over all my efforts in the past 2 days, and realizing I did not ask the right question. I did in fact install the 32 bit version from my account. However, I use Studio One, which is only 64 bit, so that wouldn't do anything anyway. I do have some differently-named CSR installs represented in some old projects. So, those must be 64 bit to be working in Studio One.

I can open those archived projects on the old machine and make presets and copy them all to a TR5 version, I suppose. But somehow I do in fact have "T-RackS CS CSR Plate" and "T-RackS CS CSR Room" in this one project, and they are 64-bit, and not named with the TR5 tag.

I can see the DLLs are in the 64 bit VSTPlugins folder on the old machine. I tried to copy those over but they don't show up, obviously, without proper install and authorization.

So, it turns out I do have T-RackS CS versions that are 64 bit. They just are not TR5-labeled.
Maybe I need to install an old T-RackS? Any ideas there?
Thanks again.
nutrapuppy

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:52 pm

Maybe they are T-Racks 3 (or 4?). Click on the Info button (or ?) to see the version. Let us know.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby nutrapuppy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:57 pm

Apparently they were a part of the earlier T-RackS Custom Shop, which I had not yet installed.

I spotted it, thanks to your help, and was able to get it installed. I had to jump through a few weird hoops to get it authorized, but am now able to load my old stuff without hiccups. Thanks again.
nutrapuppy

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:05 am

To help out others who run into a similar-looking problem, can you let us know what versions you had and what steps you took to resolve the problem?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools