Looking

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Looking

Postby dougs.ik » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:43 pm

I'm taking a stereo recording made on a Soundcraft MH2 32 into a Tascam SS-200 USB Recorder. The guitar amps were closed mic'd, bass amp DI out, bass drum and snare closed mic'd plus overheads. The mix was set once at the beginning of the session and the instrument/vocal mix is ok.

I'm using the Mixbus32C DAW. At first I put T-Racks Sunset Reverb followed by Lurssen on the Mixbus Master but I'm new to Sunset Reverb and wasn't sure how to use the Dry and Wet sliders to blend in just enough of Live Studio 2 (Position 2) room sound to give the recording a natural room sound.

I decided to send the track to Mixbus2 and put Sunset on that at 100 percent Wet and blend that in with the dry track. On the reverb bus I've dialed back the decay to 50 percent and set it to bypass everything under 330. I increased the mixbus2 slider until I could just hear the reverb and then a little more.

Any advice on how others would apply Sunset Reverb to a whole mix will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
dougs.ik

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools