Product Manager completely broke my installations

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Product Manager completely broke my installations

Postby Wooot1899 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:24 pm

Hi,

I'M new to IK products [Mod Edit - intemperate language]

I installed multiple plugins (Ampitude, Miroslav 2, Sample Tank 4, Syntronik and so on; not on C but a seperate drive, where all my vst's (exept vst3) are installed). Eveything worked on the first sigth but libraries were missing.

Found the "Sounds" tap in the Manager, installed the sounds to their respective instruments.

Found out that for example Miroslav and Sample Tank reset each others disk paths when you switch one of them. Internet says: Install all Sound files to Sample Tank folder, because it must be so. Why does product manager not mention this? How should one know?

But ok. deleted all sounds (manually since product manager has no option to delete or uninstall content!) to reinstall them. Product manager still shows that all sounds are installed.

Clicked "Reinstall" after setting "install to..." to Sample Tank folder. Product manager installs something but only god knows what. Nothing new in Sample Tank or the old location.

Deleted all Instruments, deleted, Product Manager, cleaned registry --> nothing changes. Product manager still shows 26 installed sounds. But there is nothing there. Even tried a windows recovery point but the recovery did not caption my VST and library drive.

Now I'm at a point where I have deleted all sounds and downloads (since the recovery) and product manager does not download the sounds any more.

Is there any way to reset the beloved IK product manager that does not include a full clean installation ob windows and deleting all drives?

I read (before buying the plugins) that IK downloads were a hassle in the past but that there is a manager now. So here I am ... :oops:
Wooot1899

Re: Product Manager completely broke my installations

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:42 pm

I am sorry to hear about your issues and can understand your frustration.

I do not know where the IK Product Manager ("IKPM") keeps track of the products, but let's try to sort a few things out.

Yes, SampleTank 3, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 and Syntronik (and some SampleTank add-on libraries) should all use the same folder for their Sounds Libraries. The reason is that ST3 can load MP2 and Syntronik instruments as well as its own instruments. Here the folder is
L:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3

SampleTank 4 (and some other SampleTank add-on libraries) uses another folder. Here it is:
L:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4

I would proceed as follows:
-- create the folder for the ST4 library
-- in the IKPM, go to the ST4 Sounds
-- for the first one, select that folder in the "... More options" menu, then select "Reinstall" in that menu
-- check that the sound files (in sub-folders in the Instruments and Samples folders etc) have been installed there
-- if all is OK, repeat these steps for each of the other ST4 Sounds Library downloads

-- create the folder for the ST3 library
-- in the IKPM, go to the ST3 / Miroslav / Syntronik Sounds
-- for the first one, select that folder in the "... More options" menu, then select "Reinstall" in that menu
-- check that the sound files (in sub-folders in the Instruments and Samples folders etc) have been installed there
-- if all is OK, repeat these steps for each of the other ST3 / Miroslav / Syntronik Sounds Library downloads.

As for any add-on SampleTank instrument libraries, some are for ST3 and some for ST4 (but I do not know which is which). But, one of the above procedures should be used for each.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:44 pm

If that approach does not work, then the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Wooot1899 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:29 pm

Hey, thanks for trying to help.

Tried it. The problem is that product manager still shows the sounds as "installed". SampleTank 4 was one time shown as not installed (don't know what I did to do that). But when installing, it doesn't download and install the 70 GB but only like 3 GB.
Wooot1899

Postby Wooot1899 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:53 pm

I'll try now to build the library on an external SSD on my seperate laptop.

Installed the manager on the laptop and there it shows nothing as installed, which is at least one good sign, since it means that the check for installations is at least not linked to the account.

This means also that it is a registry problem. It's plain bad programming to not even include an uninstall option for the content.

I'll update when I know whether my Studio PC can handle the library that I'm building from the Laptop.
Wooot1899

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:45 pm

Wooot1899 wrote:Hey, thanks for trying to help.

Tried it. The problem is that product manager still shows the sounds as "installed". SampleTank 4 was one time shown as not installed (don't know what I did to do that). But when installing, it doesn't download and install the 70 GB but only like 3 GB.

Ah, I did not know that. I thought that a Reinstall would run regardless of the status in the IKPM. But I have never tried it.

---------------------------
If you're up for it, you can forget the IKPM for the moment, download the individual Sounds Library installer files from your User Area / My Products and extract the contents of each download file and run each installer yourself.

It's a bit tedious (and the IKPM was designed to take away the hassle, but clearly it's got some issues). If you do them ONE AT A TIME and keep a close track of which ones you have done then you should be OK.

And, after successful installation, copy the downloaded file off to a back-up disk, in case you needed it again (and to avoid any Download Reactivation fee).
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:49 pm

And, if it all works out on your laptop you should be able to copy all the Sounds Libraries across to the desktop then run the ST4, ST3, MP2 and Syntronik standalone programs and set the relevant library location in their Preference Settings.

Also, in ST4, add the paths to the ST4 and the ST3 libraries. That way you can use all the sounds in ST4.

-------------------------------
For clarity, exactly which IKM products do you have?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Wooot1899 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:55 am

For clarity, exactly which IKM products do you have?

I did the group buy thingy and now have ST4, Miroslav 2, Syntronik Deluxe, Amplitube 5, Tracks5, Hammond, Modo Drum/Bass, Lurssen, Mix Box and some Amplitube Custom stuff. So I really can't complain about IK in general :D

But getting it up and running would be nice though.
Wooot1899

Postby Wooot1899 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:00 pm

I installed ST 4 yesterday and will build the library further today.

The product manager has 3 SampleTank entries
- SampleTank 4 (now installed)
- SampleTank 4 CS (now installed)
- SampleTank 4 SE (7 of 13 files remaining)

I installed it on external SSD/IK Library/SampleTank 4

the folder does not contain ST 4 and ST 3 (just: Imported Instruments, Imported Samples, Instruments, Library Info, Multis, Patterns, Samples, Sets).

I will now try to install the remaining fils from ST 4 SE (which I guess is the ST 3 stuff) and to set the IK LIbrary/SampleTank 4 folder as install destination.
Wooot1899

Postby Wooot1899 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:38 pm

Ok, installing SampleTank worked. The standalone has ST4 and ST3 available.

But: In the library folder there is no specific ST3 folder which brings the question where I should install the Miroslöav Sounds to.

As mentioned, my IK Library/SampleTank4 folder now contains the following sub-folders:

- Effects Presets
- Imported Instruments (empty)
- Imported Samples (empty)
- Instruments
- Library Info
- Multis
- Patterns
- Samples
- Sets (empty)

The Instruments and Samples folders each contain single intrument folders and a "SampleTank 4"-Folder. The instrument folders are named "01_Acoustic Drums", "02_Electric Drums" etc.

The Sample Tank 4 sub-folder contains instrument folders as well

Is it possible that the 01_, 02_ and so forth instruments are what is supposed to be in a ST3-folder and the sub-folder "Sample Tank 4" is the ST4 folder? That would mean, I should install Miroslav to IK Library/SampleTank 4. Then the Miroslav instruments would be installed with the 01_, 02_ and so on ST3 instruments and the ST4 sub-folder would hold the ST4 instruments. Right?

I will wait for a reply before I try it :D

Greetings
Wooot1899

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:44 pm

Wooot1899 wrote:I installed ST 4 yesterday and will build the library further today.

The product manager has 3 SampleTank entries
- SampleTank 4 (now installed)
- SampleTank 4 CS (now installed)
- SampleTank 4 SE (7 of 13 files remaining)

As the ST4 SE library is a subset of theST4 library, and if you have installed all those downloads you should be OK.

Wooot1899 wrote:I installed it on external SSD/IK Library/SampleTank 4

the folder does not contain ST 4 and ST 3 (just: Imported Instruments, Imported Samples, Instruments, Library Info, Multis, Patterns, Samples, Sets).

Correct, that folder should not contain ST4 and St3 folders. If you look in "Instruments" or "Samples" then you will see the "SampleTank 4" sub-folder in both.

Wooot1899 wrote:I will now try to install the remaining fils from ST 4 SE (which I guess is the ST 3 stuff) and to set the IK LIbrary/SampleTank 4 folder as install destination.

Probably not needed, if you have installed at the ST4 library downloads, but it should not do any harm,
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:12 pm

Wooot1899 wrote:Ok, installing SampleTank worked. The standalone has ST4 and ST3 available.

Good :)
Wooot1899 wrote:But: In the library folder there is no specific ST3 folder which brings the question where I should install the Miroslav Sounds to.

Correct. The MP2 sounds go into a "SampleTank 3" folder. I suggest creating one on the external SSD named IK Library/SampleTank 3 and select that in the IKPM.

Wooot1899 wrote:As mentioned, my IK Library/SampleTank4 folder now contains the following sub-folders:

- Effects Presets
- Imported Instruments (empty)
- Imported Samples (empty)
- Instruments
- Library Info
- Multis
- Patterns
- Samples
- Sets (empty)

Sounds good to me. Those empty folders are fine.

Wooot1899 wrote:The Instruments and Samples folders each contain single instrument folders and a "SampleTank 4"-Folder. The instrument folders are named "01_Acoustic Drums", "02_Electric Drums" etc.

The Sample Tank 4 sub-folder contains instrument folders as well

Aaargh! ;)
In IK Library/SampleTank4/Instruments there should only be a "SampleTank 4" folder, containing sub-folders such as "Acoustic Piano", "Bass", "Drums" and so on. The same goes for IK Library/SampleTank4/Samples - there should only be a "SampleTank 4" folder, with sub-folders such as "Acoustic Drums", "Acoustic Piano" and so on.

The sub-folders that start with numbers are (all?) SampleTank 3 sounds. It seems the that ST3 library has been installed into the ST4 library. I think that you should be able to move them into IK Library/SampleTank 3/Instruments and IK Library/SampleTank 3/Samples.

Wooot1899 wrote:Is it possible that the 01_, 02_ and so forth instruments are what is supposed to be in a ST3-folder and the sub-folder "Sample Tank 4" is the ST4 folder?

Correct, as described above.

Wooot1899 wrote:That would mean, I should install Miroslav to IK Library/SampleTank 4. Then the Miroslav instruments would be installed with the 01_, 02_ and so on ST3 instruments and the ST4 sub-folder would hold the ST4 instruments. Right?

Nope ;) After you have moved the ST3 instruments and samples into IK Library/SampleTank 3/Instruments and IK Library/SampleTank 3/Samples you should be able to install the MP2 sounds there, selecting IK Library/SampleTank 3 as the destination.

Here a pic of my folders (there are, of course, several more is each of the Instrument and Samples sub-folders):
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:25 pm

You will see in the screenshots that there are other sub-folders in both ST3 and ST4.

In your case the Effects Presets folder in the ST4 library probably contains only sub-folders, no files. The equivalent in the ST3 library should be the same.

The Library Info folder in the ST4 library should contain files starting SampleTank 4. The Library Info folder in the ST3 library should contain files starting SampleTank 3, Miroslav Philharmonik (and Syntronik if you have installed it). Do you have any others?

The Multis folder in the ST4 library may have a SampleTank 4 sub-folder and one or more .st4m files. The Multis folder in the ST3 library may have one or more sub-folders each with one or more .st3m files

In the Patterns folders, sub-folders that start with 2 digits should be in IK Library/SampleTank3/Patterns and the other sub-folders in IK Library/SampleTank4/Patterns

Phew!

-------------------------------
Other readers: Please note that normally the IK Product Manager takes care of all of this. All we are trying to do here is sort out the sounds for Wooot1899's system.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools