IK Product Manager Not Working

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Re: IK Product Manager Not Working

Postby peder2022 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:07 pm

Hi,

It seems like the IKM does not have sufficient access rights to its download folder (you can change this [folder] in IKM settings). My self created a folder in downloads folder, and then installation works ok.

Still think is somewhat sluggish app. I just wonder how much effort spent on the Windows 10 version vs Mac version !? :)
peder2022

Postby rsommerv » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:20 pm

lordpaul77 wrote:
DarkStar wrote:As above, please report the problem to Technical Support.

As correct as this advice is generally, the fact is that myself and others did this and got no joy.

If there is a solution that is better than my "completely fresh install" it would be good to document and add it to the faq.

Cheers

A fresh install didn't work for me but changing the product manager download folder to a folder outside the user folders, eg I used e:\IKMM fixed mine.
rsommerv

Postby lordpaul77 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:29 pm

Yeah, mine was already outside the user directory (all my music libraries and vsts are in my e drive)

The fresh install was a total destruction of my Windows (previously I'd carried across settings, which I think had carried over whatever the error was)

rsommerv wrote:
lordpaul77 wrote:
DarkStar wrote:As above, please report the problem to Technical Support.

As correct as this advice is generally, the fact is that myself and others did this and got no joy.

If there is a solution that is better than my "completely fresh install" it would be good to document and add it to the faq.

Cheers

A fresh install didn't work for me but changing the product manager download folder to a folder outside the user folders, eg I used e:\IKMM fixed mine.
lordpaul77

Postby peder2022 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:06 pm

More truble ahead. When installing software through IKM and when setup is auto loading from IKM, setup works ok to about 99%, but then several accessrights issues occurs. It's a lot of settings files in c:\users\<username>\Documents\IK Multimedia that cannot be created by the setup. And same happens if you run the setup manually. This happens even if you elevate on setup.

[mod redacted - unnecessary] Those of you that are using the MAC/iOS versions have a better experience with this? And especially installing Amplitube 5 withing IKM.
peder2022

Postby AxelTMorisson » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:47 pm

Same problem - IK product manager is USELESS under WINDOWS 11. Reported three times, got only partial solutions - i.e. manually check the download folder etc- worked up to version 5.2.0.Sorted the permission issue too. Still nothing. Now I have updates that I cannot perform- the UI becomes unresponsive to any clicks except exit after validating/invalidating a product. Please re-design the app so that it works with the ever-changing m$hit...
AxelTMorisson

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:07 pm

This does not help you, but the IKPM does work on Windows for many users. But maybe there is something in Windows 11 that is tripping it up.

Please reply to your Support Tickets saying that the advice given did not work and ask for further support.

If you feel that you need to escalate a Ticket, please have a look at the forum Guidelines thread.

---------------
Or, you may wish to put the iKPM to one side. You can download the individual installers from your User Area / My Products section on the IK Multimedia web site. Edit: Find your product and select the [Past Releases] tab. Yes, it is more effort than using the IKPM but it should get you up and running. (Disclaimer: I have not used Windows 11).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby JJudkins » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:05 pm

I'm also using Windows 11 and after going back with support a few days, they suggested I do the manual install which worked fine. Personally, I didn't realize this was an option since the only option says "Past Releases" but the current release is also available for download there.
JJudkins

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:13 pm

^^^
Good point - I've added that detail to my post.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby AxelTMorisson » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:12 pm

I confirm that worked. Indeed "Past releases" did not really give an incentive to look again for the current version- but indeed there it was , top of the list. Nice find, thanks. Solved. Anyway, is it me or is it m$ that $uck$ more than usual lately? the latest patches that patch previous patches that ...and in the end it's more or less the same thing, usually less? :lol:
AxelTMorisson

Postby Airbudrecords818 » Thu May 05, 2022 2:22 pm

What worked for me was creating a temp folder on my C drive and using that folder as the downloads folder within the app's settings. Creating folders elsewhere did not work.
Airbudrecords818

Previous

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools