IK Product Manager Not Working

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

IK Product Manager Not Working

Postby scottinpa49 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:31 pm

Hello, I recently wanted to try Amplitube 5 on my laptop that is running Windows 10 and after installing and re-installing IK Product Manager several times, it doesn't work. When I run the IK Product Manager, I click on "My Products" and on the right side of Amplitube 5, I click on "Authorized" which is green with a green check mark. Nothing happens when I click on it, "Install" or anything else on the IK Product Manager screen. It shows that I am signed in but when I click on anything on the top part, "Home", "Settings" or "Account", nothing happens. If you could give me any help for this, I'd greatly appreciate it!

-Scott

P.S. Sorry if this isn't posted in the right place!
scottinpa49

Re: IK Product Manager Not Working

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:35 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to yo
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Fosta6666 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:45 pm

I am having the same problem.

The IK Product Manager is installed, but freezes when I click 'install' on AmpliTube 5.
it seemed to authorise without a problem.

I have tried to download other software such as MODO BASS but it also causes the product manager to freeze.
Fosta6666

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:48 pm

Contact Technical Support, via the link above.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby lordpaul77 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:23 pm

Fosta6666 wrote:I am having the same problem.

The IK Product Manager is installed, but freezes when I click 'install' on AmpliTube 5.

I have tried to download other software such as MODO BASS but it also causes the product manager to freeze.

Did you get anywhere with this? Mine does the same - Windows 11, no installer works - tried full reinstall in case it was my OS, even deleted all my IK stuff & had to buy the relicense :(

I've logged a ticket, but it does seem like something that would be useful to be able to search for.
lordpaul77

Postby rsommerv » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:42 pm

I have this too, first about a year ago and I raised a ticket but just downloaded the exe and installed it separately, that seemed to work and I forgot about the ticket. A year later I needed to update CS and realised there is no separate download for it so I prompted the ticket again and sent a video of it happening, I had a brief back and forth with support but they went quiet again. Can't update anything now.
rsommerv

Postby lordpaul77 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:47 pm

I ended up doing a full clean reinstall with a usb, deleting everything and re downloading everything (thank goodness for my 1gb Internet)

But miffed that I had to pay to download some of the sounds again, but it's all working now.

lordpaul77 wrote:
Fosta6666 wrote:I am having the same problem.

Did you get anywhere with this? Mine does the same - Windows 11, no installer works - tried full reinstall in case it was my OS, even deleted all my IK stuff & had to buy the relicense :(

I've logged a ticket, but it does seem like something that would be useful to be able to search for.
lordpaul77

Postby rsommerv » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:51 am

I found a solution to this, after raising a ticket a year ago. The default download folder didn't work, for me it was
E:\Users\<username>\Documents\IK Multimedia\IK Product Manager

the folder existed, and could be written to, Product manager actually created the folder if I deleted it and restarted Product Manager.

All I did was create a new folder and set that as the download folder and it worked. In my case I just created it on the root of another drive, I haven't played with it to see if other folders in my home directory worked.
rsommerv

Postby JJudkins » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:18 am

Same issue, creating a new download location did not solve the problem. Click on update or install and Product Manager checks out to lunch, never to be seen again.
JJudkins

Postby rsommerv » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:45 am

I tried a few more paths, for me anything under the users folder caused it to freeze.
rsommerv

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:59 pm

Please contact Technical Support, via the link above, with all the details.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby peder2022 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:18 pm

Same problem here also. IK Multimedia Manager installed successfuly. Licens authorization checkout successful. But install freezes the entire IK Multimedia Manager.
This is on Windows 10 64-bit (10.0.19041 version 1904)
peder2022

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:36 pm

As above, please report the problem to Technical Support.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby lordpaul77 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:40 pm

DarkStar wrote:As above, please report the problem to Technical Support.

As correct as this advice is generally, the fact is that myself and others did this and got no joy.

If there is a solution that is better than my "completely fresh install" it would be good to document and add it to the faq.

Cheers
lordpaul77

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:46 pm

Please read the forum Guidelines thread if you wish to escalate your Support Ticket.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Next

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools