Group buy recording/mixing/mastering software

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Group buy recording/mixing/mastering software

Postby chrisdb » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:17 am

I am running out of "obvious choices" for recording-mixing-mastering software in the group buy.
I play keyboards, guitar and bass and have been recording in Logic since it was eMagic software. My abilities in Logic are pretty basic but OK for laying down a few instruments for backing tracks and recording song ideas. I recently purchased the Hammond B-3X software and was so impressed that I sold my '53 Hammond and now play organ through an Apogee Duet audio interface into a MacBook Pro using two Roland A800-pro controllers. Since the Apogee is a 2-in/out controller I decided to pick up the IK Axe I/O AmpliTube Max bundle to handle I/O for guitar and bass (aggregate device in Logic). I also purchased the $199 Modo Drum software which made me eligible for (now) 12 additional software packages.
I don't really need any more instruments. I might pick up the Philharmonik CE, but everything else I'd like to use on the production side. Since I'm not familiar with the IK recording and production software I'm depending on the website descriptions to make choices and started a short list:
T-Rack-5, MixBox Crossgrade, Philharmonik, Mic Room, Sunset Sound reverb, Lurssen Mastering, White 2A Opto Compressor, Tape 99 and Tape 80.
As you can see I kind of go for the old school stuff and I really know very little about all the recording equipment available in these packages and how best to integrate them.If I were missing something obvious I wouldn't know enough to spot it. I'm open to suggestions for additions or substitutions in my "free" software choices.
chrisdb

Re: Group buy recording/mixing/mastering software

Postby chrisdb » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:14 pm

One duplication.... White 2A Compressor is already in Mixbox.
Now I have to find something else to add to my list. I'm starting to flash on Willie Wonka.... too much! I'd be interested to know -what are your favorite IK plug-ins ?
chrisdb

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools