The downloads / installs of the Software and Sounds Library

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

The downloads / installs of the Software and Sounds Library

Postby Sey469Ler » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:59 pm

The desired folder for the downloads in my settings. My question is .....can this folder be deleted after or does this destroy path of content that was installed on another drive example sound content
Sey469Ler

Re: The downloads / installs of the Software and Sounds Lib

Postby garfy » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:10 pm

Hi Sey469Ler

If your download path is different to your install path, then deleting the original downloads will not harm the files once you have installed them to a different path/drive.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: The downloads / installs of the Software and Sounds Lib

Postby Sey469Ler » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:27 pm

What happens if the install path is changed in-between individual sound downloads ? It started in windows main C drive but was becoming to large. 1Tb drive with 254 Gbs to 800 Gbs... and still downloading so moved to brand new 2 TB drive . Now not sure what to delete in C drive....The original path is Local Disc (C)> Users> User> Documents> Ik Multimedia (542 GBs) which hold all folders of Ik Multimedia's software .

I previously had installed some Ik Multimedia months like Modo Drums ,AmpliTube 5 MAX , (before) ..... which as you know comes with other free software . Then decided to get Total Studio 3 MAX and now I have a mix of the same thing on 2 drives . C drive with 109 Gbs free of 930 Gbs with another drive H 1388 Gbs free of 1.81 Tbs with only IK multimedia sound content ...the problem is ...there folders that are called the same in each but are of different size....

I would like to start over ...how can I get back to square one....If I add all the Ik Multimedia content together from both drives It's 962 Gbs ....thats with the down folder deleted .. Both drives are latest M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 Solid State Drives . I can't go by when last modified because updates have changed original date of install.

What I would like is delete what ever content is not needed off the Main C drive
Sey469Ler

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools