trying to understand download and istall process...

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

trying to understand download and istall process...

Postby OldIKUser1 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:05 pm

Hi there, I have not had anything to do with IK's new products, the last one I purchased was the original TrackS for a windows 98 daw I used years ago.

I am looking at the Total Studio Max +iLoud speakers bundle-as I am in the process of building a new DAW machine, I had hoped to have it completed prior to purchase, but It is taking me longer than I thought to acquire the parts for this build.

I want to purchase this bundle now as it currently comes with an extra bonus of the Comprexxor, and this deal ends on the 30th June-tomorrow.

My question is how does the download process function through the product manager?

Can I download the products onto a blanck formatted HDD(1tb) for the moment, and transfer them to their eventual home on ssd later before install and authorize?

Optionally, Is it possible to download all the products onto USB sticks for the same purpose, that is transfer to the finished pc, install them and then go online to authorize?

Can the all the programs be backed up onto usb sticks for backups?

Thanks OldIKUser
OldIKUser1

Re: trying to understand download and istall process...

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:04 pm

Hello OldIKUser1 and welcome to the forum.

I am looking at the Total Studio Max +iLoud speakers bundle-as I am in the process of building a new DAW machine, I had hoped to have it completed prior to purchase, but It is taking me longer than I thought to acquire the parts for this build.

My question is how does the download process function through the product manager?

Can I download the products onto a blank formatted HDD(1tb) for the moment, and transfer them to their eventual home on ssd later before install and authorize?

Yes, as long as it if formatted suitable for your OS. And you could install from there too.

Optionally, Is it possible to download all the products onto USB sticks for the same purpose, that is transfer to the finished pc, install them and then go online to authorize?

Yes, but no need.

Can the all the programs be backed up onto usb sticks for backups?

Yes, But the sounds libraries are BIG. So an external drive would be better.

Read the IK Product Manager ("IKPM") Tips thread in this forum.

Note that the IK Product Manager does a download and then installs the product straight away.And it is only for the current IKM products. You may not wish to do that and there are ways of "manually" downloading the products (to wherever you want) then running the individual installers when you want.

If you still have doubts then as this is the last day contact sales Support immediately, explain that you wish to take advantage of the offer, but have a few questions first.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby OldIKUser1 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:10 pm

Thanks for the reply, can you tell me how to go about the manual download process, or point me in the direction of a post/location of said information if it is already available?
Thus far I have read the product manager user manual, and scoured the IK site but have seen nothing about this-only seen mentioned vaguely in various forums.

At this point I have made the purchase, my isp contract only allows 250gb in a month-which I usually don't use much of. But still if there is 450gb's to download I would like to get onto this asap.

Can you tell me the size of the largest file in this collection?

Thanks again in advance, & have a great day!
OldIKUser1

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:42 pm

Once a product Serial Number is Registered (as you can use the IKPM for that) it will be listed in your User Area / My Products on the IK Multimedia web site. There you can select and download any individual product installer by going to its "Past Releases" tab. And the sounds libraries are on the "Sounds Download" tab

After download you can then run the installer.

Important note 1: The Sounds download files are available for download for 180 days after product Registration, so make sure that you download them within that period. And keep a back-up of them (or of the installed library). If you did need to download them again after the 180 days, you would need to buy a "Download Reactivation" for a further 180 days.

Other downloads (software, sounds library updates, presets etc) are available for ever.

Important note 2: the IKPM is provided to make away much of the work (and potential for confusion / omission / user error) during product installation. You should use that method if you can.

Sorry, I do not know the sizes of the individual download files. I'll guess that the biggest set of files will be those for SampleTank. And that info will be shown in IKPM; for example:
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby OldIKUser1 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:37 pm

Thanks agian DarkStar, one final question do you know if the ipkm software can be downloaded and used as you have outlined on a linux system?
Have a great day!
OldIKUser1

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:07 pm

It's for Windows or OSX. You might be able to get it running under WINE etc
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby OldIKUser1 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:57 pm

Yea I know I plan to run it on a Windows 7sp1 system and your answer is as per what I had guessed-no sweat and Thanks again!
OldIKUser1

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools