IK Manager Freezes [Resolved]

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

IK Manager Freezes [Resolved]

Postby TeddyKey5150 » Mon May 17, 2021 2:16 am

Help - I'm totally new, but I've downloaded the IK Manager and have registered. When I try to select "INSTALL" for AmpliTube 5, my arrow/pointer changes to the hand and stays that way. It won't let me download. I've uninstalled IK Manager and reinstalled. Same result. Thanks
TeddyKey5150

Re: IK Manager Freezes

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 17, 2021 12:22 pm

I have not heard of the IKPM freezing before. Is the Downloads destination (set in the Settings window) pointing to a valid folder? What is that folder? (UsIng folders on OneDrive or similar can cause problems.)

Are the folder / file permissions OK (i.e. can programs write into that folder)?

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

--------------
Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: IK Manager Freezes

Postby TeddyKey5150 » Mon May 17, 2021 11:18 pm

Amazing. That fixed it. I had a folder selected that required VPN.
TeddyKey5150

Re: IK Manager Freezes [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Tue May 18, 2021 11:27 am

Good Oh :) Thank you for letting us know what the problem was. That may well help other users.

------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools