Lurssen Console breaking Logic Pro X

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Lurssen Console breaking Logic Pro X

Postby dtruitt » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:44 am

I'm using Logic Pro X 10.6.1 in macOS Big Sur 11.1. I can load the Lurssen Console, but Logic crashes every time I try to make an adjustment in the Lurssen plugin. It seems to work fine in Pro Tools. I was having this problem in Logic before upgrading to Big Sur. Is there a fix planned, or is the Lurssen Console end-of-life?

D. Truitt
dtruitt

Re: Lurssen Console breaking Logic Pro X

Postby peecee » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:46 am

I am having similar trouble with Lurssen Mastering Console and the same versions of Logic Pro and Big Sur. I can use the console with known limitations (don`t touch Push button...). After upgrade to Big Sur and up-to-date version of LP, I realized a lot of crashes of LP due to Lurssen console even I did not touch it all the session. I can't find any information about the compatibility of Lurssen console. I am also waiting for any update or fix since I use to use it on master bus of my standard template due to achieving the great results in short time.
peecee

Postby garfy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:16 am

Hello dtruitt and peecee

I believe (although I can't find in the forum) that someone has flagged up an issue with Lurssen and LPX previously, exhibiting the same behaviour you are suggesting.

However, this was not with Big Sur/LP10.6.1 and IKM have not officially announced that Lurssen is supported on that OS.

Firstly, I would suggest that trying to roll back to a previous version of Lurssen might be an idea although, again, this will not be officially supported by the OS. Secondly, you could open a ticket with Official Support so they can look into it for you.

Check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby dtruitt » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:03 am

Thanks, Garfy. Good info.
dtruitt

Postby peecee » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:53 am

Hello Gerfy,

Thanks for your ideas.

I made some investigations. I didn’t find out any comparable trouble in Pro Tools and Studio One (AU version of plugin) in up-to-date versions, the same kaptop. Most of crashes occured when closing LP or opening the project - simple solution is to switch the Lurssen console off just before saving the project. This step significantly reduced the number of crashes.
peecee

Postby soundog » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:32 pm

Lurssen Console crashes Logic Pro X here, and I'm still using Catalina! Also, it sometimes crashes randomly (when I am adjusting Push levels, for example); not just when I quit Logic. IK Multimedia, this app has not seen a maintenance release since 2017!!! How about fixing it?

[mod redacted - please review the rules before posting]
soundog

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:18 pm

If you report your issue to IK Support they will most certainly assist you. I'm sure they can get you up and running and if you've found something global, they'll open a bug for the devs to resolve. Anybody having issues please open a ticket with IK Support or continue to work with them if you already have a ticket.

Since the issues in this thread should be in the hands of the support team and this is not a tech support forum (as well as becoming yet another thread that needs tidying of posts that do not follow the rules of the forum), it will locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools