IK Product Manager not installing

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

IK Product Manager not installing

Postby oabeats » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:41 pm

I had some trouble installing my newly purchased VSTs and sounds (was trying to put it all on an external HDD) in the same folders due to me clicking through the menus to just get through the installation process. So I uninstalled IKPM and deleted all the IK Multimedia folders I could find.

I go to reinstall from the exact .zip downloaded the day before, and now it opens, load the green bar to the middle and then never moves again. If i hit space while clicked into the program, it quits. So now I'm basically soft-blocked from even accessing my VSTs and sounds. Quite frustrating. Any help at all is appreciated
oabeats

Re: IK Product Manager not installing

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:15 pm

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

-----------------------------
Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby michaelkane44 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:18 am

I had this exact same problem after IK product manager installed to my boot drive and I manually deleted the files to move them to a proper drive. When you manually delete install folders off of a drive without using the ADD/ Remove program feature it will leave pointers in the registry that go to nowhere leaving the installer stuck. You need to use a registry cleaning software like CC cleaner to clean up the registry or look up how to do it manually. This solved the issue for me. Best of luck!
michaelkane44

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:39 pm

That is not the typical behavior and I wouldn't recommend using any registry/system cleaner for this (or any) issue. Since this is not the typical behavior, it would be best to report to IK Support as suggested and they will resolve the issue directly and officially for you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools