Export from Sample Tank 3 into Logic Pro X

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Export from Sample Tank 3 into Logic Pro X

Postby FloGruber86 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:24 pm

In sample tank I can create music easily with certain ready to use instrument patterns, such as Elektronica Deep House / Elektronice Chill Out and many more.

If I click for instance on "Electronica Deep House" and open the pattern "sands 125 ppm" the keyboard in sample tank shows differnt sounds which can be activated. By activating several simultanously I can create a nice beat.

So now to my actual questions I have now a nice beat with 3 or 4 active keys playing sounds. How can I export this beat into Logic Pro X. Drag and Drop does not work! I also did not find an answer online and I looked literally everywhere.

So thank you for your help.
FloGruber86

Re: Export from Sample Tank 3 into Logic Pro X

Postby garfy » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:03 pm

Hello FloGruber86 and welcome to the forums.

FloGruber86 wrote:How can I export this beat into Logic Pro X. Drag and Drop does not work!

You can't go direct from the standalone ST3 into LPX. If you open ST3 on a virtual instrument track in LPX you can 'record' your beat using MIDI notes to trigger the loops and then bounce it out as audio.

Alternatively in LPX, you can set the output of ST3 to a bus and then make that bus the input to an audio track where you can just record the audio straight out of ST3.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby FloGruber86 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:31 pm

Thanks for your reply. What if use sampletank 3 as a plugin, which I open directly from Logic Pro X as a midi software instrument? Does that help anything. I also tried the drag and drop. But it does not work either.
FloGruber86

Postby garfy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:04 pm

FloGruber86 wrote:What if use sampletank 3 as a plugin, which I open directly from Logic Pro X as a midi software instrument? Does that help anything.

That was what I was describing in my original response.

FloGruber86 wrote:I also tried the drag and drop. But it does not work either.

There are no drag and drop facilities from instruments in ST3, only Patterns.

Do the following:

1) Load ST3 into an Instrument track and create a MIDI region as long as you want the looped beat to last for. Load your chosen Instrument into ST3 eg Elektronica Deep House.
2) In the MIDI region, draw in the notes of the loops that you want at bar 1 beat 1. For example, C1 C2 and C3. This will trigger those loops to start when you press play in LPX.
3) When you want to the loop to end, for example at bar 4, draw those same notes in again. That will trigger the loops to stop.

Alternatively, you can just record you pressing the keys on a MIDI keyboard as a MIDI performance along to a click track.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools