ARC3 Calibration Files

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

ARC3 Calibration Files

Postby DocMaxey » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:06 pm

When using the initial analysis software, do you get any confirmation when loading a custom mic calibration file that it's actually loaded?
I have UMIK-1 mic with its calibration file but when I click the Load + button and select the calibration file the box looks exactly the same?
DocMaxey

Re: ARC3 Calibration Files

Postby ST3R30PH0N3 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:30 pm

Hi,
I can confirm that the calibration file feature plain and simply does not work for me either.
Just contacted IK Multimedia support asking for a calibration file that should be accepted by the standalone ARC System 3 Analysis application.
Did a couple of fixed, mono measurements with several iterations of dots, commas and dots with comma separation just like it is shown in the manual and none of them made any difference in the measurement results.
Even created "fake" calib files with +/-5dB transfer curves with dots, commas, etc and still nada.
If you have got a confirmedly working calib file, please send me the formatting.
Thanks a bunch!
ST3R30PH0N3

Postby ST3R30PH0N3 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:38 pm

These were the iterations (X=Freq then Y=+/-Gain):
1) XX.X Y.YY (classic)
2) XX,X Y,YY (excel-like)
3) XX.X, Y.YY (screenshot in the manual)
ST3R30PH0N3

Postby ST3R30PH0N3 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:54 pm

The story gets better...
Ran two sets of calibrations and neither results did sound right so measured back the applied correction.
ARC3 did not catch a 10dB peak with a Q of 12 at 110Hz with Sharp correction type... Had to set a parametric EQ to correct that in my DSP manually.
Another bug: ARC3 simply does not apply the Custom Target Curves when you are switching between them but only from Flat to one of the Custom Curves and back. This is true to both the visual representation and audio processing.
Well, if I was an Audyssey manager I'd be pretty pissed. Audyssey XT32 is great but this implementation shows them in quite bad light directly.
[mod redacted - unnecessary]
ST3R30PH0N3

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:58 pm

A) ARC 3 doesn't mention Audyssey anywhere so I don't see how that's relevant

B) IK Support can continue to assist you until you have a working ARC System 3 like the folks who are experiencing normal behavior and full functionality. Please continue to work with them on the issues in your ticket where you are not experiencing the expected behavior. Your issue is not going to be resolved by users, moderators, or admins of this forum.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools