ARC 3 measurement distances

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

ARC 3 measurement distances

Postby albridi » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:29 am

Hi there :) !

I'm going to make my first measurements with ARC 3, and I have some funny doubts: What is the optimal distance between measuremets? How far should them be from eachother?

Lets say I've my sweet spot set on point 1 and I plan to make an ellipse around it, by setting the 2 and 3 points at 60cm from it (facing the nearfield monitors), and with a 60cm of separation between them. Then, points 4 and 5 at the rear maintaining the same distances relationship. Last, points 6 and 7 at 60cm at left and right of the sweet spot. The result is that if I sit over point 1, I will be surrounded by an ellipse made by points 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 that have a distance of 60 cm between them, and I at point 1 will be also at a distance of 60cm from each points.

The result should be that when I'll put the chair at sweet spot, I'll should be surrounded by an ellipse of corrected sound.

Do you think is that correct? Should I do measurements in a different way?

I'm using this approach because I'm not sure if ARC 3 is capable of recognize where the mic are at every moment and to guide me to set it where it should be, like Sonaworks Reference 4 does, in example.

Kind regards.
albridi

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools