Lurssen Msterin gconsole crash mkl_intel_thread.dll

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Lurssen Msterin gconsole crash mkl_intel_thread.dll

Postby dakfat » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:39 pm

Hi, I can no longer run Lurssen Mastering Console, whether in standalone or as VST plugin. When I launch standalone I get an error message saying that mkl_intel_thread.dll cannot be found. I tried reinstalling LMC, I tried formatting and reinstalling Windows 10, but nothing works. LMC worked fine a month ago, so maybe it has to do with Windows updates.

Anyone else having this issue? I submitted a support ticket yesterday, but I am wondering if others are experiencing this as well.
dakfat

Re: Lurssen Msterin gconsole crash mkl_intel_thread.dll

Postby DarkStar » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:19 pm

Mkl_intel_thread. dll file, also known as Intel® Math Kernel Library, is commonly associated with Intel® Math Kernel Library. It is an essential component, which ensures that Windows programs operate properly.

Can you do a Search to see if the file is on your system disk. If so, let us know where.

Here, on Windows 7, I find 2 (64-bit and 32-bit editions, I think).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dakfat » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:30 pm

I actually tried downloding the .dll and putting it in my system 32 folder but that didn't work. There are probbaly other dll files needed along with that one. I think they are linked to Python. Was Lurssen written in Python ?
dakfat

Postby dakfat » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:44 pm

I got it working by installing version 1.0.1. and reinstalling 1.1.0.b over it. My guess is the required files were omitted from the 1.1.0.b installer by mistake.
dakfat

Postby DarkStar » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:49 pm

That seems odd - I think that those dll files should be there anyway. Please let Technical Support know, vla here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby archipelagosoundsystem » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:55 am

Just want to say thank you for the workaround, nothing worse than splashing out hundreds of euros for a new product and then it's not even got the right .dll files in.

[Mod edit: intemperate language redacted}
archipelagosoundsystem

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:47 pm

archipelagosoundsystem wrote:Just want to say thank you for the workaround, nothing worse than splashing out hundreds of euros for a new product and then it's not even got the right .dll files in.

[Mod edit: intemperate language redacted}

Your situation is not typical. The correct files are installed during the installation of Lurssen Mastering Console and IK Support will work with you to fix whatever happened in your particular case. No need to get uncivil, let's keep an eye on the forum rules please.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools