uninstalling T-RackS

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

uninstalling T-RackS

Postby KGoktepe » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:33 pm

Hi,

How can I uninstall T-RackS?

I received some products from IK Multimedia when I bought one of their midi controllers.

I'd like to keep Syntronik and SampleTank 4 -- IF I can do it without all the other.

But I don't see an uninstaller anywhere in the Custom Shop, the Product Manager, the Authorization Manager or T-Racks 5 itself, so I just dragged everything to my trash (I have a Mac). This resulted in a nightmare when I couldn't open Logic or Final Cut.

I've since re-installed T-RackS, but I don't want it, nor do I want the other stuff it downloaded.

How can I uninstall T-RackS?

Thank you!
KGoktepe

Re: uninstalling T-RackS

Postby DarkStar » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:44 pm

I do not know about OSX, but on Windows you can uninstall T-Racks 5 from the All Programs >> IK Multimedia >> T-RackS 5 menu.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:16 pm

There is an Uninstaller in the download of TR5. If you've deleted the package, you can re-download it again from your user area.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby troyehall » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:43 am

I did not find this answer helpful, and neither will anyone else. Please let me explain.

The question was how to uninstall T-RackS. You reference an uninstaller in the download of TR5. There is no download of TR5. There is only the download package for the IK Product Manager.

The only uninstaller included in the package is to uninstall the IK Product Manager, not the scores of plug-ins that have filled the disk space of KGoktepe's computer, and mine, and probably countless other users.

Perhaps it is different for Windows users. If so, the experience of Windows users is not useful in helping Mac users for at least this case. I suspect for every such case.

How do we we uninstall plug-ins on a Mac? That's a simple question. It should, and does, have a simple answer for other publishers. It should also be a simple thing to answer for publishers who employ the heinous policy of installing a ton of software that was never wanted. It is not simple, and perhaps not possible, for these products by IK Multimedia. And that, my friend, is not going to win any friends or good publicity.

-Troy
troyehall

Postby garfy » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:39 am

Hello Troy and welcome to the forum.

troyehall wrote:The question was how to uninstall T-RackS. You reference an uninstaller in the download of TR5. There is no download of TR5. There is only the download package for the IK Product Manager.

troyehall wrote:How do we we uninstall plug-ins on a Mac? That's a simple question. It should, and does, have a simple answer

Perhaps I didn't go far enough in my explanation.

garfy wrote:There is an Uninstaller in the download of TR5. If you've deleted the package, you can re-download it again from your user area.

Click on Past Releases.

There you will find downloads for every individual installer package (and therefore Uninstaller) for a large number of previous versions of TRacks as well as any other software you own.

troyehall wrote:I did not find this answer helpful, and neither will anyone else.

troyehall wrote:Perhaps it is different for Windows users. If so, the experience of Windows users is not useful in helping Mac users for at least this case. I suspect for every such case.

In the space of 2 replies, we have given the answer to the question for both Windows and macOS. As the title of the original post didn't mention platform this means that our responses may now be useful for anyone searching posts. I'm not sure how more helpful we can be.

troyehall wrote:It should also be a simple thing to answer for publishers who employ the heinous policy of installing a ton of software that was never wanted. It is not simple, and perhaps not possible, for these products by IK Multimedia.

It is possible (and has been discussed at length previously) to delete individual plugins from TRackS by going into the Component or VST folders in your OS and manually deleting any that you don't own. This however is not recommended by IKM as, if you subsequently want to trial or buy a module, it will not work as expected.

As the OP hasn't responded for over 2 months I shall lock this thread. Also, please review the guidelines about posting on the forum, in particular number 3 about complaining about IKM. We welcome conversation and debate on the forum, but these kind of posts don't really add anything to the community.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools