Official IK Product Manager Wishlist

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Re: Official IK Product Manager Wishlist

Postby DarkS474 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:13 pm

I'd like to see this feature implemented as well.
Not being able to download the zip files for all products from the web interface then IK Product Manager should allow to do that without having to install. So that the zip files can be downloaded and stored in the chosen folder and installed later.

03. A "download only" choice (e.g. for installation on an offline system).
DarkS474

Moved from: IK Product Manager - tips

Postby supanorton » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:44 pm

Hi, just a suggestion. It would be really great if the Product Manager remembered ALL your destinations. To put it kindly, the SampleTank destination path can be problematic. I still can't seem to get Memory into the Syntronik app (works fine in SampleTank, though!) I had a path set in the product manager for SampleTank, but then I purchased AT5, and lost the path for SampleTank. I think a popup (that could be disabled or not by the user) that gave all the possible destination prompts would be a fantastic addition to the Product Manager.
supanorton

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:54 pm

For "download expired" libraries, allow the Install and Reinstall etc actions, if the download files are found in the IKPM downloads folder.

That is, if I have just left them there (unlikely, I know). Or, when I copy them from my back-up disk into the IKPM Downloads folder in order to install the library again for some reason.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:25 pm

When appropriate (e.g. Registering a new ST4 library or a new AT5 Collection of gear model) do a "Restore my purchases" automatically.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Wooot1899 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:57 pm

2 things:

1. an option to uninstall seperate instruments and sounds. [mod redacted: unnecessary, let's keep this to wishlist requests, and also mind the forum rules please]

2. When Sounds from SampleTank, Miroslav and so on must be installed in the same folder, give the user at least a big fat red warning in the installation process!

[mod redacted: unnecessary]

Cheers, wooot

ps.: what "supanorton" said
Wooot1899

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:57 pm

Add support for Registering and Authorising ST3 add-on libraries (Neil Peart Drums etc).

At the moment the Authorisations Manager needs to be used.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby juergen_b » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:48 pm

1. Allow to specify a sound library destination folder in the Preferences. Don't use \Users\Public\Documents as default. If no path is specified, ask the user before starting the download/installation.
  2. Allow to separate the download from the installation. Offer explicit Download and Install actions.
  3. Allow to download multiple sound packages in parallel.
  4. Allow to first download all packages and then install all packages (would be very valuable for sound download/installations of MAX products).
  5. [mod redacted - support issue, not a feature request]
juergen_b

IK Authorization Manager - Paste Support

Postby djaychela » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:46 am

Why doesn't IKAM support pasting of passwords and authorization numbers?

To me, this makes no sense as it encourages people to use the same password across multiple devices. I use a password manager to create long, unique, random passwords, and when I have to log into IKAM (or authorize a new product), then I have to hand-type it, which is an error-prone pain.

Also, it would make sense to change the product name on macOS to IK Authorization Manager, as it makes spotlight search easier; a number of music software producers seem to forget that they aren't the only game in town, and if you search for 'auth' then you get six different products. putting IK in the program name would mean it could be found instantly.

Small friction elements like this lead to people leaving for other product manufacturers.
djaychela

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:23 pm

This is for IK Product Manager. Authorization Manager is the legacy program/system that should only be used for legacy products now.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby fpdXVI66 » Thu May 05, 2022 6:43 pm

I bought a giant bundle that includes 3 products I currently use and many products/libs that I don't want to install right now. But, since I have a 180-day window to download the products/sounds, I don't want to lose access to what was included in the bundle after the expiration period.

So 2 IKPM features that would help with this issue are:

1) "Download Only" option for each product/sound lib (i.e., download but don't install). I've seen multiple people already request this feature so pls consider this an up-vote. This would be super helpful so that I can retain a copy of the files (on a archive drive) but not be forced to Install them on my work drive until I actually want to use them.

2) "Install From" -- another feature requested by others. It would essentially allow IKPM to use the files for installation that were created in #1.

3) "Download All" or "Create Archive" option for all products/libs I currently own. This should be there for people who buy products/sounds that have an expiration date. It would essentially create an archive library in a location I choose...this archive would be the equivalent of what I would have received had I purchased the bundle on a disk instead of the download version of the bundle. Then, of course, I could use feature #2 ("Install From") to install products whenever I need them.

4) "Uninstall" feature does not currently exist in IKPM, only reinstall.

Without these options, I am forced to install each software/sound lib (100's GB) so that they are downloaded. Then I have to figure out how to uninstall the products/libs that I currently will not be using. Any suggestions?
fpdXVI66

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:58 pm

Please keep this thread to feature requests. This is a support issue that can be reported to IK Support directly and I'm sure they'll assist (especially since I know IK Product Manager works for me and others in Windows 11).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Coreybowers1 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:20 am

mistheria wrote:Exactly, especially for sound libraries that have a limited time for downloading.

ik could always get really crazy and realize it isn't 1997 any more. There's no good reason to have a limited time period
Coreybowers1

Postby Coreybowers1 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:24 am

1) I shouldn't have to sit and watch the download. [mod edit - removed unnecessary editorial]

2) I should be able to filter the list based on what I own, what I've already downloaded, etc. There's no reason I should have to scroll so much

3) [mod edit - removed unnecessary editorial - request was for multiple simultaneous downloads]

4) I should be able to resize the window. Especially given the complete absence of filtering options [mod edit - removed unnecessary editorial]
Coreybowers1

Postby Coreybowers1 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:54 am

5 - If the app shows on the home screen that there are two updates available, it should link to the actually updates. Or, at the very least, there should actually be two updates available, rather than everything being up to date.
Coreybowers1

Postby sorius » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:27 pm

As a first time IK Tonal Max Package owner after several days of downloading I would like to suggest the following issues:
- an overall configuration option for the download directory and the general installation directory (beside the current available option to change the install path for every item)

- During download I faced several annoying "no free space" occurances. The download stops and nothign happens. If the Product Manager is closed there occur some javascript error. Please just create an error with an simple error message.

- Espacially for such big bundles like the Tonal Max an option to sort the soundpackages below or together with the appropriate software (all sampletank libs under the sampletank software). As idea just change the "sounds" tab to "extension" and move the presets there too to group them together with the appropriate software group.

- And very important: An option to fade out previous or "smaller" packages of a software e.g. fade out Sampletank 4 and 4 CS if the MAX version was registered (and maybe some hint what is included in which version: like all items of ST4 full is oncluded in ST4 max).

- It would be nice to configure the sampletank/Symtronic sound/sample/instrument paths were configurable in the product manager (not only in the VST/standalone version) - and it would be nice if the rescan (and maybe error/reference checker) could be executed from the product manager too.

- Nice to have: Link to the product by clicking on the icon of the product

- Another idea: the list view of the items is ineffective, maybe a grid/cloud/box/tree view could be more useful.

- Please implement an Uninstallation feature for every item

And please remove (or make it deactivatable) the marketing bar with the offers on the top. It´s annoying if I have to install over days stuff over this installer and something is permanently moving on the screen.

I searched for several hours to get to know what I have to install and what is not necessary. Especially when the download time is limited a precise descrption what belongs to what, what is superior/inferior to which version would resolve many many questions.

Thank you!
sorius

PreviousNext

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools