Product Manager Leaves Huge Installation Files

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Product Manager Leaves Huge Installation Files

Postby bpeterson1123 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:09 pm

I installed the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 sounds for Sampletank 4 using the Product Manager application. Following the installation, Product Manager left 43GB of installation zip folders on my C: drive. Is it okay to remove these files without breaking Miroslav Philharmonik 2? I'm running low on disk space.
bpeterson1123

Re: Product Manager Leaves Huge Installation Files

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:18 pm

You can remove those.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bpeterson1123 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:47 pm

Thank you, Peter. I would offer a suggestion that Product Manager should include a "remove installation files" option either in settings or after a product/sound is installed. I can easily see where hundreds of gigabytes of leftover installation files could consume a lot of disk space for an unknowing customer.
bpeterson1123

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:51 pm

I will relay that and will also be opening an official Wishlist thread like other IK products have in the forums here soon to gather suggestions.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:56 pm

On the topic of taking up a lot of space, note that you have 180 days to download your sound library files so if you haven't taken a backup of them before using IK Product Manager I'd suggest you back those up to another disk if you want the installers.

You can also back up the actual sound library path you use (presumably on another drive if you are saving room where you saved them with IK Product Manager) which is what I do. I keep the whole of my installed sounds on an external drive which I also clone when necessary to have a backup.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bpeterson1123 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:15 pm

That's exactly what I did. I keep a copy of all product and sound installation files on an external hard drive in case I ever need to reinstall.
bpeterson1123

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:19 pm

bpeterson1123 wrote:That's exactly what I did. I keep a copy of all product and sound installation files on an external hard drive in case I ever need to reinstall.

Perfetto!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mistheria » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:26 pm

I suggest also a "Remove Setup Files After Installaion" option in the IK Product Manager.
Thank you.
mistheria

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:27 pm

mistheria wrote:I suggest also a "Remove Setup Files After Installaion" option in the IK Product Manager.
Thank you.

Please make sure to add feature requests to the official wishlist thread for that product in its respective subforum.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mistheria » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:30 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
mistheria wrote:I suggest also a "Remove Setup Files After Installaion" option in the IK Product Manager.
Thank you.

Please make sure to add feature requests to the official wishlist thread for that product in its respective subforum.

Sure, done.
mistheria

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:32 pm

mistheria wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
Thank you.

Sure, done.

Thanks. That way when I give the occasional nudge/reminder for the product managers and devs to take a look through those threads your request will be there :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mistheria » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:42 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Thanks. That way when I give the occasional nudge/reminder for the product managers and devs to take a look through those threads your request will be there :)

Yes I understand, good thing, I happened to jump to this page so, to don't forget, I've immediately written my suggestion here :) Thank you!
mistheria

Postby seanmouradian » Wed May 19, 2021 9:25 pm

Hi has this been solved? I can't even install sounds because the installation files are too big...for example Philharmonik 2 is literally 45.3 GB and I don't even have enough space on my C: drive to even download the installation files...Please help?
seanmouradian

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 19, 2021 9:32 pm

seanmouradian wrote:Hi has this been solved? I can't even install sounds because the installation files are too big...for example Philharmonik 2 is literally 45.3 GB and I don't even have enough space on my C: drive to even download the installation files...Please help?

You have been able to set the download directory to a different drive since IK Product Manager was released. If you change that in the settings, you will be fine. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkS474 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:29 pm

When is Product Manager 1.0.4 going to be released ?
And will it include the feature to just download without installing ? So that it is possible to store the installers without having to install products.
DarkS474

Next

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools