Lurssen Mastering Console: No waveform view when use in DAW

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Lurssen Mastering Console: No waveform view when use in DAW

Postby JoshBali » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:27 am

Hi all

I am trying the Lurssen Mastering Console at the moment and I probably gonna buy it but there is one thing I don't understand. If I use the standalone version I can switch to waveform view with the button on the top but if I use it as a plugin on the master channel of my DAW or any other channel (Studio One 4/5) there is no button to switch to the waveform view.

Is this a feature or a bug? Without the waveform view when using the plugin inside a DAW the whole thing becomes useless for me.

Thanks
Josh
JoshBali

Re: Lurssen Mastering Console: No waveform view when use in

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:54 pm

Hello JoshBali and welcome to the forum.

It is by design. In the standalone LMC you load a complete song into the program and a waveform view is relevant. In the LMC plug-ins you pass an audio stream into the plug-in, in real-time; it does not load a complete song or track from the DAW.

But let's go back a bit. What would you like to see in a waveform view in the plug-in?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby JoshBali » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:37 am

Hi

Thanks for the fast answer. I was expecting to have the same view in the plugin and the standalone but the pass through argument definitely makes sense. It would be nice to see a wave form building up in the plugin view along with playing the song but anyway... Coming from Ozone 9 I'm used to see a bit more graphical output and to have more adjustment options but as the results even with the built in presets are pretty good as a starting point I can live with this. All good.
JoshBali

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:44 am

Please add you suggestion to the official LMC wish-list:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19890
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools