Prevent ARC 2 loading its last-used preset?

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Prevent ARC 2 loading its last-used preset?

Postby synmuse » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:56 am

[Mod: this has been split from another thread as this one concerns a different question]

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere on the forum.

Is there no way to prevent ARC 2 from loading the last used preset from it's own saved curve presets under, e.g., Documents/IKmultimedia (on the Mac)? I see no preference or way to specify that I do not want ARC to override the ARC curve setting stored in the DAW project when the project is saved.

In fact, at least in Logic Pro, it seems the ARC 2 plugin has to go out out of it's way to defeat Logic from loading the last saved Logic preset, i.e. when you save the current ARC plugins settings as a plugin preset in Logic. Or when you open a Logic project with a Logic preset for the ARC plugin using "ARC curve 1", the ARC plugin instead loads the last used curve, e.g., "ARC curve 2", which could have been loaded into the ARC plugin using any Logic project.

And you would never know this unless you looked directly at the ARC plugin pull down menu. There is no warning at all that the ARC curve you saved the project with was not subsequently loaded once the project is open again.

This not only breaks saving DAW projects set to use different monitors (with different ARC curves), but I think it also violates the AU plugin guidelines (and I'm surprised the AU validation tool does not fail ARC for this user unfriendly behavior). I hope this is not the case with ARC3, else this cannot be a serious tool for use with multiple monitors across different projects.
synmuse

Re: Prevent ARC 2 loading its last-used preset?

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:36 pm

ARC System 2 will not save your calibration profile to a project. This is a global setting. We do however greatly appreciate the interest here and I will be sure to pass these comments and feedback to the team. Thank you for passing this along.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools