ARC3 stand-alone

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Re: ARC3 stand-alone

Postby itsone3d » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:50 pm

For anyone who couldn't find Pedalboard2, all you had to do was a little bit of browsing around the site.

Here's the updated link: http://www.niallmoody.com/work/pedalboard2/
itsone3d

Postby Mwie » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:56 pm

Hello, I bought the iLoud MTMs.

I also own the ARC 3 correction software and in my opinion it significantly helps. However I think it is unwise to listen to music everyday without the correction and then turn on the correction once you mix. That's why I am left with 2 possibilities:

Either not use the ARC 3 at all. Or not listen to music regularly on the MTMs and only use them for mixing.

I'm not a fan of any of those option and I really don't want to install programs from people I don't know in order to use ARC while I listen on Spotify.

Sure, someone posted something about a "loopback" option within the sound-interface - but that just seems unreasonable and to be honest - I wouldn't know how and total mix FX is a pain everytime I try to set up something new (and I really don't want to mess up working settings).

So please IKM, make it standalone!
Mwie

Postby J0hncl4rk » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:29 pm

slunnes wrote:Hello All, and apologies for explaining the obvious to those who know.

You can skip all this virtual cable stuff by performing a simple loopback on your audio interface, either virtual or wired. This makes your system audio available to the interface as an "external" output, which can be monitored in your DAW Session.

This works with all but the cheapest audio interfaces, most mid level interfaces have it built in nowadays. If it is built in, you will most likely find it in the control softare of your interface (f.ex. Motu CueMix, Rme Totalmix, Scarlett MixControl, UAD Console,...) Just google "your specific model loopback"

hi
i've got an UAD appolo 8 and logic X. Will your workaround work while tracking audio? Listening to external music (i.e. from spotify) is a good thing but to take full advantage of the arc 3 system, it should be active while tracking instruments, vox or whatever comes in your audio interface.
To IK developpers, the best thing for UAD users would be to have your plugin available in the UAD mixer. Is this option might be considered ?
thank u
J0hncl4rk

Postby slunnes » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:58 pm

^^^
Hi John, indeed, yes it will work! I'm using it with an Apollo X6 as well. You will however need to use 3 of the 4 available virtual stereo busses in console. In Audio midi setup, you use virtual 1-2 as the default system output. In logic, you create a stereo track with virtual 1-2 as an input. You now have system audio appearing as an input in logic, like any other input. You then route your main stereo output to virtual 3-4, and a copy of your main output( with arc on it)to virtual 5-6. As a result, you will have, in console, a dry and an "arced" version of your logic output.

You then send the dry version (virtual 3-4) to your cue out, for headphones, and the arced version (virtual 5-6) to your monitors. To make the system set and forget, in your logic template, you can create a Mixbus to whom all your "working tracks" are routed to. This bus, together with your sytem audio track, are then routed to a second "summing bus", which acts like a distibutor to different pairs of outputs.

This then enables you to compare your mixbus, which might have processing on it, to some spotify, which you want to listen to without any processing.

If you're using console like intended to monitor, you now have the logic returns on two faders in console, which makes it easier to do headphone mixes in console
slunnes

Postby J0hncl4rk » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:10 pm

Thank you for your help.

I succeed in creating stereo track which play the system audio (itunes, spotify etc...) but I have some trouble understanding the second step :
You then route your main stereo output to virtual 3-4, and a copy of your main output( with arc on it)to virtual 5-6.

The main output of logic (called "Stereo Out" in my session) can't be route to nowhere. Should I create 2 aux tracks where the output would be virtual 3-4 and virtual 5-6 ?

Could you eventually send me a copy of your session so I can check what you've done please ?
J0hncl4rk

Postby slunnes » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:15 pm

Hi John,

You’re welcome. You can change the routing of your stereo output in settings>audio>i/o(and make sure to turn off mirroring.

I’m new to the forum, so not sure if I cand drop files via the forum, but if you give me your email, I can send it to you
slunnes

Postby J0hncl4rk » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:36 pm

wow quick answer :)

ok so i've set stereo output to Virtual 3/4 in settings>audio>i/o
Now a track playing in logic will ouptut in virtual 3/4 in UAD Console

but how can I make a copy of the stereo output to virtual 5/6 in order to active ARC3 on it in Logic ?

And about the system audio output when I play a track on iTunes with the first stereo track I've created but it doesn't go through the stereo output (which now is set to virtual 3/4). In order to do so, I have to active input monitoring on the track (which I never use usually). Is it mandatory ?

i make me think that I will have to create a track and active input monitoring each time i want to hear an instrument through the Arc3 plugin.

my mail is fabriceriballier ( a t ) hotmail ( d o tt) com
J0hncl4rk

Postby J0hncl4rk » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:09 pm

by the way; the pedalboard2 app doesn't recognize my ARC3 plugin (AU nor VST)...
Come on IK, could you do something to help us please ?
J0hncl4rk

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:18 pm

J0hncl4rk wrote:by the way; the pedalboard2 app doesn't recognize my ARC3 plugin (AU nor VST)...
Come on IK, could you do something to help us please ?

This would be something that you would want to report to IK Support. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Jesper42 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:08 am

For anyone who still wants to achieve this without too much fuzz, SoundSource from Rogue Amoeba is by far the easiest way to get it done (paid software).
Jesper42

Postby nverxion » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:36 am

For anyone on Windows at least, this is how I have solved the problem. Why on earth IK still has not implemented a virtual device is beyond me, but here's a video I made that shows what I do. It's very easy, but requires a little investment.
https://youtu.be/8adC8SOJYxo
nverxion

Postby Studio Mandragore » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:02 am

Ik can you please do a standalone version of ARC3
Studio Mandragore

Postby laserbeak43 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:10 am

Studio Mandragore wrote:Ik can you please do a standalone version of ARC3

Yes. Please.
laserbeak43

Postby pypayet » Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:44 pm

Yes. A standalone version, pleeeeeease !
pypayet

Postby hakonomb » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:26 am

We want standalone! Preferably I would like the DSP/correction entirely in hardware - as in directly imported to each speaker and not in the source DAW or OS.

Ok, you probably think I am an idiot - I am not a musician or audio professional. I just love audio. I guess the proper term is audiophile, but that makes me sound like a pervert.

I just ordered a pair of MTMs for my desktop as I lost all my equipment in a basement flooding and need something compact while the floor is being torn down and rebuilt. The only thing keeping me from buying a pair of Precision MTMs is the lack of a simple way to run ARC3 without over-complicating everything. As I got the sudden opportunity to start anew, I want to keep the chain clean and simple.
hakonomb

Previous

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools