Reaper has a convenient way for ARC system-wide processes.

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Reaper has a convenient way for ARC system-wide processes.

Postby NakajimaYusuke » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:19 pm

Hi, I am a Reaper user.
https://www.reaper.fm/
I have found a convenient way for Reaper users to use ARC system-wide. :lol:

ReaRoute
ReaInsert
MonitoringFX
VB-Audio Hi-Fi Cable (Not an ordinary one.It must be "Hi-Fi" one.)
https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/

Use them in combination. Once prepared, all you need to do ARC system-wide process is just run Reaper only. :!:

The signal flow is in this order. :geek:
PC Sound (iTunes, Browser etc...) --> VB-Audio Hi-Fi Cable --> ReaRoute --> ReaInsert --> MonitoringFX --> ARC

Reaper has an audio routing function called ReaRoute. It's like a virtual ASIO device.
This allows you to have input / output channels from outside the audio interface.

Reaper also has a routing plugin called ReaInsert.
This is a plugin that allows you to make sound doorways inside a plugin rather than a track.

And, Reaper has a function called Monitorring FX, which is common to all projects, and can apply effects to monitors.
This allows you to apply ReaInsert and ARC to the entire sound played by Reaper regardless of the project.

At the end, VB-Audio Hi-Fi Cable can route PC sounds to ASIO.
It is necessary to set the device to "ReaRoute ASIO" using the included ASIO BRIDGE software.
This setting is saved and can be automatically executed when the PC starts.
Therefore, once set, no further operation is required.

The advantage of this method is that ARC's System-wide process is possible with Reaper running with the same audio driver as usual. ;)
The PC sound signal enters the DAW by the new back door called ReaRoute.
So I don't have to think about the audio interface or audio driver signal flow. They are not related to this routing. :mrgreen:

The drawback of this method is that I have to keep the reaper running all the time.
But I wouldn't mind because I always have a reaper running. :ugeek:

EDIT:
I added the screen shot of the Plug-In Pin Connector settings
With this settings, ARC will be applied to both the sound inside the DAW and the sound from outside the DAW.
For example, if you watch YouTube while working in a DAW, both YouTube audio and DAW audio will be corrected. ;)

With this setting,
Sound from within the DAW comes from channels 1-2.
Sound from outside the DAW comes from channels 3-4.
They are mixed before processing in ARC.
The sound mixed and processed by ARC is output to the 1-2 channel and output from the audio interface.
NakajimaYusuke

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools