ARC3 Computer / Graphic Freeze

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

ARC3 Computer / Graphic Freeze

Postby WEM_T » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:48 pm

Hello IK Multimedia Girls and Guys,

I've a strange problem connected on using ARC3 Plugin in Cubase: when I'm letting open the ARC3 GUI while using the plugin I get a computer freeze. Firstly the picture on monitor disapears, music playback is working for another bit oftime.
This happes earlier when using the analyzer - without later. It is more or less reproducable. Using ARC3 with closed GUI works without issue.
The PC works totally stable in all other situations and before installation of ARC3. Never experienced an issue...
After restarting my computer I can find a error in the system logs: "amdkmdap doesn't react anymore"
So it's somewhere related to graphics.

My System:
Mainboard: ASUS PRIME Z390-A
CPU: Intel i7 8700K
RAM 2x 16GB PC3200 CL16 Ballistix Sport GT G
Grafic Card: Sapphire Radeon RX580 Nitro+ 8GB DDR5 RAM
Win10 Pro with last Updates & Last drivers
DAW Cubase 10.5 x64

best regards
Werner
WEM_T

Re: ARC3 Computer / Graphic Freeze

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:27 pm

That is definitely odd! Shoot a ticket to support and PM me your ticket number.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/"

We'd be more than happy to take a look into this for you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby WEM_T » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:37 pm

WEM_T

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:02 pm

This is all great info for our support team, but keep in mind this is not a support forum. This is for user to user discussion. The best place for resolution would be our direct support team.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby WEM_T » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:29 pm

Support ticket is created and PM sent to you.

Locking forward to see what‘s the issue here.

Werner
WEM_T

Postby WEM_T » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:11 pm

Hi,

now I have done some additional tests and runs and the things get even stranger.

I use a Samsung C34H89x 34" 21:9 Monitor with a resolution of 3440x1440px. FreeSync is activated. Checked the hint from IK support about the HIDPI mode - it was disabled in the settings.

I activated the HIDPI mode, restarted Cubase and started playback. After some minutes of playpack the error came again. First input was freezed (no mouse or keyboard reaction), then the picture on montiror disapeard and after about a minute also the playback was stoppen and the computer began to restart.

Sober about the HIDPI can't be the solution, I started Cubase and wanted to start taking screenvideos - letting activated HIDPI mode in Cubase. Now about a few hours later and tried this and that... the failure dosn't came back again. It simply works as expected. With RTA on, with RTA off, with correction On or Off...

Maybe the activation of HIDPI mode did also need a computer restart because of some relics in memory?!? This is the only thing that is changed since the last occurrence. I decided now to stop testing a go ahead using the plugin and monitoring the issue.

In parallel I use ARC3 Plugin inside JRiver Media Center and let open the GUI to have a view from the use of a second host application. No issues occured since yet.

best reards
Werner
WEM_T

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools