Introducing ARC System 3

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Re: Introducing ARC System 3

Postby heathweber » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:00 pm

Peter_IK wrote:This question is answered in the ARC 3 FAQ at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index. ... c-system-3

So, based on what the FAQ says on this subject, it sounds like the best approach would be to leave the trim setting in the ARC plugin at the default (on the border between the gray and red), and increase the monitoring system gain to make up the lost volume. So, if I normally mix at 75dB, I would just increase the monitoring volume until I'm back to 75dB with ARC enabled. This would avoid the possibility of overloading the DAW main outputs when the ARC plugin is active. The caveat would be to make sure to reduce the monitoring system gain before deactivating the ARC plugin, or there would be a very high-volume surprise!

My DAW has a control room feature for monitoring, which is where I place the ARC plugin. Therefore, I don't need to deactivate ARC to render my final mix, as rendering is routed through the main outputs, not the control room outputs. Therefore, I don't need to worry too much about deactivating ARC, as I can just leave it enabled on the control room outs permanently.

Does this approach make sense?
heathweber

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:39 pm

Yes, Control Room is a great way to not forget to turn off ARC 3 :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby manddpalmer » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:49 pm

Correct me if I am wrong.

With ARC 3 you now have to adjust your master output level accordingly each time you activate/deactivate ARC?
manddpalmer

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 pm

manddpalmer wrote:Correct me if I am wrong.

With ARC 3 you now have to adjust your master output level accordingly each time you activate/deactivate ARC?

That's not what the FAQ states.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby manddpalmer » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:22 am

All I just want to know is there a way to volume match the deactivated signal and the activated signal.

For instance I am working on a track in Pro Tools and there is a 12db difference in volume level between ARC being on and bypassed. What I have done to match the output volume levels is set the TRIM on ARC to 0. Nothing is clipping but from what I have interpretted from the FAQ sheet that this is a no no and the TRIM should stay at -12.

So I gather what I am doing is incorrect.
manddpalmer

Postby bweeks » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:48 am

Just got the ARC 3 and after doing the scan 5 times it sounds like an AM radio. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Barry
bweeks

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:46 pm

bweeks wrote:Just got the ARC 3 and after doing the scan 5 times it sounds like an AM radio. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Barry

If you've done the measurements that many times without any luck and you've looked through the ARC 3 FAQ already, I'd suggest opening a ticket with IK Support for direct and official support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Chrisi39 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:06 am

Hey, cannot find any infos on that. Is there also a "plugin" coming with arc 3 you can put to the windows system when using your studio boxes outside of your DAW? A friend of mine got a similar product from another company and theres a kinda windows sound plugin included, but hey, i would love to stay at IK :D
Chrisi39

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:50 pm

Chrisi39 wrote:Hey, cannot find any infos on that. Is there also a "plugin" coming with arc 3 you can put to the windows system when using your studio boxes outside of your DAW? A friend of mine got a similar product from another company and theres a kinda windows sound plugin included, but hey, i would love to stay at IK :D

There is an entry in the ARC 3 FAQ linked in my reply above that covers using ARC 3 system-wide.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Chrisi39 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:55 am

thanks alot Peter_IK .
Chrisi39

Postby on-dre » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:40 pm

I've just come across this thread, I've purchased v2.5 with a mic, clearly post launch and old stock, not realising v3 was available. Will I get be able to get a free upgrade as per the first page post, regarding april 2020 purchases?

Thanks
on-dre

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:42 am

This is primarily a user to user forum, so we cannot speak authoritatively.

For a definitive answer, please contact Sales Support and explain your specific circumstances. Response time normally is within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time. Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your Account.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ThaZ900 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:33 am

Hi, it would be nice if there was an option to choose less measurepoints for a quicker measuremment. Lets say 3 and 1 at one height. So 9 and 3 measurements would do the job to save time !

KR, Gerrit
ThaZ900

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:11 pm

ThaZ900 wrote:Hi, it would be nice if there was an option to choose less measurepoints for a quicker measuremment. Lets say 3 and 1 at one height. So 9 and 3 measurements would do the job to save time !

KR, Gerrit

The new measurement process shouldn't take a lot of time and is required for ARC 3 to work properly and give the best results. The process is much faster and easier than the previous versions.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby KRKbeats07 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:14 am

Got it to work finally! I had failed to install the IK product manager also and choose my HD as the file destination last part very important!!
KRKbeats07

PreviousNext

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools