Introducing ARC System 3

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Re: Introducing ARC System 3

Postby danwilson5 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:36 pm

Hi just purchased ARC3 and it gave me a $50 discount on the software, thank you IK. When I have time, I am going to shoot my room. (I have ARC2.5)

Dan
danwilson5

Postby johnsongenator » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:08 am

Peter_IK wrote:
johnsongenator wrote:Is ARC 3 able to recognize the Apollo Thunderbolt connection on a Windows 10 machine?

Currently, I have ARC 2.5, and it will only allow me to select UA firewire and USB connected interfaces.

ARC 3 should work with any audio interface that works on your system. You can download the demo at ARC 3 and try and if you have any issues the support team can assist you.

I downloaded the demo, and I can confirm that YES the Apollo thunderbolt interface is recognized.

Ima buy this...

Thanks!
johnsongenator

Postby acdc2000 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:44 pm

kotsaris100 wrote:I also had and still have the problem that I can't save ... on the laptop it can store and it works normally ... the PC with windows 10 pro and with all their updates installed it can't save me either in the ARC 3 that I bought today ..! is something wrong with the registry?

it seem you have on your windows 10 PC windows defender and ransomware protect on. to be able to save you need disable before save in windows defender ransomware protect. i have the same problem when i not disable it short before.then after save it can enable
acdc2000

Postby acdc2000 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:49 pm

I find a bug in the V3. I use it unregister as demo. when i change in edit the EQ settings for custom 1 then choose custom 2. and later when choose custom 1 then EQ is set to default.so the setting for custom 1 is not store

EDIT: in V3 need press the save button to store.then it work
Last edited by acdc2000 on Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acdc2000

Postby kotsaris100 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:11 pm

acdc2000 wrote:
kotsaris100 wrote:I also had and still have the problem that I can't save ... on the laptop it can store and it works normally ... the PC with windows 10 pro and with all their updates installed it can't save me either in the ARC 3 that I bought today ..! is something wrong with the registry?

it seem you have on your windows 10 PC windows defender and ransomware protect on. to be able to save you need disable before save in windows defender ransomware protect. i have the same problem when i not disable it short before.then after save it can enable

I did something different ... I did the measurement on my laptop with the card I would make on a regular PC and it saved ... I took the file from my documents and copied it to the folder where the ik multimedia ARC 3 saves the file and just I open it again, it can't load it and it gives me the same message ..!
kotsaris100

Postby acdc2000 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:56 pm

I like buy V3 as a update to my V2.5. I get a 50 eur discount but i can not use my Jampoints to reduce the end price with Tax of 59.45 eur more. how is this possible to use Jam points ?.
acdc2000

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:19 pm

acdc2000 wrote:I like buy V3 as a update to my V2.5. I get a 50 eur discount but i can not use my Jampoints to reduce the end price with Tax of 59.45 eur more. how is this possible to use Jam points ?.

JamPoints cannot be combined with JamPoints. Please see http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints/ for more information about JamPoints.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:20 pm

acdc2000 wrote:I find a bug in the V3. I use it unregister as demo. when i change in edit the EQ settings for custom 1 then choose custom 2. and later when choose custom 1 then EQ is set to default.so the setting for custom 1 is not store

EDIT: in V3 need press the save button to store.then it work

I'm not sure that is a bug but IK Support would be able to assist you and either fix it directly for you or submit any global issues to the developers. Please open a ticket at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for direct assistance.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:24 pm

If you haven't seen the videos (there's the one below, a deeper overview, and a tutorial on the IK YouTube Channel):

https://youtu.be/HVB2r-WHrBE

Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby acdc2000 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:42 pm

for the measure process i think it is better if measure points 2 3 4 are on right side of head and 5 6 7 on left side of head. so there is no need to move the microphone from left to right right to left several times. so can save some minutes

I think the results are much better as the old 2.5 when use broad. because with 2.5 some low freq do pan more out of mid as without speaker correction. when use the iloud MTM speaker with measure system inside, does this in future too use V3 system and broad ?. on my room need 1 speaker more near to wall, so the speakers have diffrent peak and valeys.

when i buy iloud mtm then i need no plugin and all is in speaker. i think thats best.
acdc2000

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:51 pm

acdc2000 wrote:for the measure process i think it is better if measure points 2 3 4 are on right side of head and 5 6 7 on left side of head. so there is no need to move the microphone from left to right right to left several times. so can save some minutes

I think the results are much better as the old 2.5 when use broad. because with 2.5 some low freq do pan more out of mid as without speaker correction. when use the iloud MTM speaker with measure system inside, does this in future too use V3 system and broad ?. on my room need 1 speaker more near to wall, so the speakers have diffrent peak and valeys.

when i buy iloud mtm then i need no plugin and all is in speaker. i think thats best.

The system on board for iLoud MTM is different. The main difference which you appear to be requesting for ARC 3 is actually why ARC 3 is better - it is a single-point measurement whereas ARC 3 benefits from the multiple measuring points. The process is much easier and faster than ARC 2.5 and previous and should give the best results and still be more than manageable.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby alexdebicki » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:42 pm

Can ARC 2.5 and 3 coexist on the same system without interfering with each other? Obviously I would only use one at a time, but just in case the new measurement throws me off balance or if I encounter any bugs, I would prefer not to have to roll back, but just use the older plugin.
Thanks in advance.
alexdebicki

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:10 pm

alexdebicki wrote:Can ARC 2.5 and 3 coexist on the same system without interfering with each other? Obviously I would only use one at a time, but just in case the new measurement throws me off balance or if I encounter any bugs, I would prefer not to have to roll back, but just use the older plugin.
Thanks in advance.

ARC System 3 is a totally separate installation & plugin so you are good to go keeping ARC 2.5 on your system.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby alexdebicki » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:23 pm

Peter_IK wrote:ARC System 3 is a totally separate installation & plugin so you are good to go keeping ARC 2.5 on your system.

Thank you for your answer!
alexdebicki

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:42 pm

alexdebicki wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:ARC System 3 is a totally separate installation & plugin so you are good to go keeping ARC 2.5 on your system.

Thank you for your answer!

You're welcome. Happy to help!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools