Introducing ARC System 3

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Introducing ARC System 3

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:35 pm

Introducing ARC System 3

Bring a new dimension of acoustic correction to any studio.

We are proud to announce a new generation of acoustic correction with ARC System 3. This new system offers an all-new 3D room analysis algorithm, easier setup, compatibility with more measurement microphones, and superior results.

Engineers and producers, now is the time to start mixing better, faster, and more confidently than ever before. By correcting poor room acoustics, ARC System 3 lets you trust the sound you hear as the most accurate representation of your mix. It combines an ultra-accurate MEMS measurement microphone, room analysis software, and a correction plug-in, all in a simple-to-use package that delivers amazing results.

Walls, furniture, and other objects reflect and absorb sound, changing the frequency balance and stereo imaging an engineer or producer hears in their studio. ARC System 3 detects and accounts for these issues by quickly and precisely measuring the sound of a room to generate a correction profile that can be loaded into the ARC plug-in for use in any DAW.

By measuring a room at three different heights around the listening position, IK’s award-winning VRM™ (Volumetric Response Modeling) technology creates a 3D snapshot of the room to identify problematic issues without over-processing the sound. The result is an incredibly natural-sounding correction that recreates the experience of working in a professionally tuned room.

ARC System 3 offers additional controls to fine-tune corrections for ideal performance in any room and setup:

Adjustable correction range - Choose to define limits to upper and lower correction ranges separately to preserve a monitor’s unique voicing or to correct a certain frequency range.

Variable resolution and smoothing - The correction filter’s resolution can be adjusted to use more or fewer frequency bands, for either surgical correction or a broader, smoother balance.

Two Phase Modes - Normal and Linear phase modes ensure precise stereo imaging.

Plus, you can now leave the car test in the past. ARC System 3 allows users to emulate all sorts of listening devices such as TVs, smartphones, car audio systems, and many popular studio monitors and "virtual systems". This guarantees a perfect sound translation across common listening devices.

With neverending ways to study your mix, ARC System 3 gives you useful tools including Peak, RMS, Loudness and dynamic range metering, a real-time spectrum analyzer, and so much more! Monitor your sound and speed up your workflow to make quick and effective changes.

ARC System 3 (software-only) is available now and the complete bundle including the MEMS microphone will be available in Q2, but can be pre-ordered now.

Price and availability

ARC System 3 software-only version is now available for $/€199.99.*

Existing owners of any registered IK product that retails for $/€99 or more can purchase the ARC System 3 software-only crossgrade for $/€99.99.

ARC 2.0 or later users will receive a $/€50 coupon off the $/€99.99 price {applied automatically in cart).

ARC System 3 complete bundle with MEMS microphone will be available in Q2 for $/€249.99 and can be pre-ordered now.

Existing owners of any registered IK product that retails for $/€99 or more can now pre-order the crossgrade of the ARC System 3 complete bundle with MEMS microphone for $/€149.99.

To learn more about ARC System 3 and order yours today, click here.

*All prices excluding taxes
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Introducing ARC System 3

Postby emasters » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:17 pm

Is the MEMS mic available with v3, the same MEMS mic provided with v2?
emasters

Postby audioworks.hu » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:42 pm

Any chance to integrate ARC 3 into T-Racks 5 standalone application?

This feature has long been promised (the ARC button is on GUI there), but has not been implemented so far.
audioworks.hu

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:22 pm

emasters wrote:Is the MEMS mic available with v3, the same MEMS mic provided with v2?

It is the same as the MEMS mic from ARC System 2.5
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby emasters » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:24 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
emasters wrote:Is the MEMS mic available with v3, the same MEMS mic provided with v2?

Thanks Peter - looking forward to giving v3 a try when it's released.
emasters

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:34 pm

audioworks.hu wrote:Any chance to integrate ARC 3 into T-Racks 5 standalone application?

This feature has long been promised (the ARC button is on GUI there), but has not been implemented so far.

ARC System 2.5 is currently integrated, T-RackS will be updated in the future to support ARC System 3 integration.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:34 pm

emasters wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

Thanks Peter - looking forward to giving v3 a try when it's released.

ARC System 3 is released.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dbetances » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:41 pm

Good afternoon (New York time) Peter! I hope all's safe and well with you during this challenging and trying time!

I currently own the original ARC System V1 and would like to know if the mic from V1 will work with ARC System 3? If so, how accurate would it be percentage wise from 0 - 100%?

Sincerely,

Domingo
dbetances

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:23 pm

dbetances wrote:Good afternoon (New York time) Peter! I hope all's safe and well with you during this challenging and trying time!

I currently own the original ARC System V1 and would like to know if the mic from V1 will work with ARC System 3? If so, how accurate would it be percentage wise from 0 - 100%?

Sincerely,

Domingo

I hope you are doing well too! Stay safe, all.

Previous microphones will work, but for best results the newer MEMS microphone is recommended. I don't have a percentage of accuracy to quote, but the consistency between MEMS microphones does improve the process as there are less variances between any MEMS mic vs how traditional microphones will vary between different units (and also are more prone to be affected by environmental factors).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dbetances » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:33 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
dbetances wrote:Good afternoon (New York time) Peter! I hope all's safe and well with you during this challenging and trying time!

Sincerely,

Domingo

Previous microphones will work, but for best results the newer MEMS microphone is recommended. I don't have a percentage of accuracy to quote, but the consistency between MEMS microphones does improve the process as there are less variances between any MEMS mic vs how traditional microphones will vary between different units (and also are more prone to be affected by environmental factors).

Thx for the kind words!

Got it, thx!

Does ARC 3 have the calibration for the ARC 1 mic built in? In other words, will it recognize the ARC 1 mic?
dbetances

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:25 pm

dbetances wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

Sincerely,

Domingo

Thx for the kind words!

Got it, thx!

Does ARC 3 have the calibration for the ARC 1 mic built in? In other words, will it recognize the ARC 1 mic?

You're welcome! ARC 3 does have the two previous ARC microphone profiles you can choose (the two silver models, one with the orange ring, the other without).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dbetances » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:31 pm

AWESOME!!!

Thx again Peter and have a Blessed night!
dbetances

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:55 pm

dbetances wrote:AWESOME!!!

Thx again Peter and have a Blessed night!

You're welcome, and you too! We have a graphic for each in the program itself so it is easy to choose the right one - I see we only show the screen with the orange ringed version showing on our site but the other is there too.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby andrewcoe04 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:12 am

So I put a ticket in a couple weeks ago for an update on ARC 2.5 and the fact that I purchased it and IK announced OS Catalina, a few days later, would not be supported and still has not been to my knowledge. Given the timeline...is there no way to be reimbursed towards ARC 3? I feel like I got ripped off buying something that was dropped very soon after.
andrewcoe04

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:04 pm

andrewcoe04 wrote:So I put a ticket in a couple weeks ago for an update on ARC 2.5 and the fact that I purchased it and IK announced OS Catalina, a few days later, would not be supported and still has not been to my knowledge. Given the timeline...is there no way to be reimbursed towards ARC 3? I feel like I got ripped off buying something that was dropped very soon after.

Sorry to hear you feel this way. If you purchased during April 2020, you would get ARC 3 free per the news announcement. If you purchased before that and have a ticket, you can reply to that ticket to see what IK Support can do, note that the upgrade is ~$50 for those with ARC 2+ and we did recommend that people do not upgrade to Catalina when it was release (as did many/most other audio companies) and ARC 2.5 was years old by the time Catalina was released and was not able to be updated for Catalina but ARC 3 (a complete rewrite) is.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools