ARC 2 Catalina support - when?

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Re: ARC 2 Catalina support - when?

Postby jacoballen85 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:21 am

Any updates as to when this will work for Catalina?
jacoballen85

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:53 pm

jacoballen85 wrote:Any updates as to when this will work for Catalina?

The forum mods/admins do not have specific information on that but if you reply to your ticket the support team may have more specific information for you on the status of this. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mrogalsky » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:29 pm

So I see this thread has gone nowhere, and IK has not stated here that there will be no further support for ARC2 products.

Elsewhere on the site they state that ARC2 is a legacy product and there will be no further support for legacy products, so that seems to answer the question and it surely could have been stated clearly here.

It stinks for IK to abandon dedicated users of this product and not at the very least offer an inexpensive upgrade path for ARC3.

I now face the choice of whether to continue with IK products, and given the availability of many more options for room correction software now, it seems unlikely I will buy into ARC3 unless it is made available for ARC2 users at a very attractive price.

Thanks IK, maybe your time is over for me.
mrogalsky

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:16 pm

ARC 2 owners have a $50 coupon automatically applied to provide the lowest price for ARC 3. This has been in place since its release, and was noted in the materials posted at that time.

You can take advantage of this offer as ARC 2 was out long before Catalina was even a glint in Apple's eye and the codebase could not be made Catalina compatible.

Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mrogalsky » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:53 pm

Thanks for the response -- so the $99 microphone-less upgrade path is the best you can offer dedicated customers who are shut out of continuing with the perfectly good ARC2?

I'd gladly pay something for the work that undoubtedly went into enhancing your product but I think it is poor relations for IK to not treat us better than that.

[mod redacted - please review the rules]

best, MR
mrogalsky

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:48 pm

mrogalsky wrote:Thanks for the response -- so the $99 microphone-less upgrade path is the best you can offer dedicated customers who are shut out of continuing with the perfectly good ARC2?

I'd gladly pay something for the work that undoubtedly went into enhancing your product but I think it is poor relations for IK to not treat us better than that.

[mod redacted - please review the rules]
best, MR

If you have ARC 2 you would get the $50 off coupon so it would be $49.99. If you'd like to continue using ARC 2 and don't have a new Mac that has Catalina pre-installed, you can continue to run ARC 2 which was out long before Catalina and worked across many versions of OS X/macOS it will run on previous versions of OS X/macOS.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:53 pm

The TL;DR:

There is a low-priced option for those with ARC System 2 as stated in the launch materials for ARC 3: a $/€50 auto-applied coupon, bringing the cost to $/€49.99.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jvanolffen » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:18 pm

Peter_IK wrote:The TL;DR:

There is a low-priced option for those with ARC System 2 as stated in the launch materials for ARC 3: a $/€50 auto-applied coupon, bringing the cost to $/€49.99.

hi - just ran into the Catalina / ARC 2.5 problem. But where can i find this 50$ coupon? Under crossgrade/upgrade i just see the 99€ price. Which is way to steep, considering i bought ARC2.5 late 2019 and already can't use it anymore. Hoping there is a workaround - like measuring with an older laptop/OS and than transferring measurements to Catalina machine?

thanks
jvanolffen

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:46 am

jvanolffen wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:The TL;DR:

hi - just ran into the Catalina / ARC 2.5 problem. But where can i find this 50$ coupon? Under crossgrade/upgrade i just see the 99€ price. Which is way to steep, considering i bought ARC2.5 late 2019 and already can't use it anymore. Hoping there is a workaround - like measuring with an older laptop/OS and than transferring measurements to Catalina machine?

thanks

The coupon is autoapplied for those that qualify. You should see it in the checkout process. If you do not please let tech support know and they will be able to assist you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jvanolffen » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:04 am

Trying workaround first, but thanks for your quick reply Peter!
jvanolffen

Previous

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools