ARC 2.5 in a Mac-based audiophile system

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

ARC 2.5 in a Mac-based audiophile system

Postby eatapc » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:00 am

Anyone have experience using ARC 2.5 through an audiophile playback system via Pure Music, Audirvana or JRiver?

I'm using Pure Music and Pure Vinyl on a Mac (High Sierra) and would like to apply a room correction to my high-end system. I've done an ARC room measurement with the MEMS mic and saved the preset. I see the ARC 2.component in the audio plugins folder in the Library, and I see the saved preset in the Documents>IK Multimedia folder.

Unfortunately, Pure Music doesn't recognize it. Pure Music does, however, see my FabFilter AU plugin components (along with the Apple AU effects), so I know the feature is working. (Pure Music automatically scans the Audio Plugins Library folder on launch; no need to manually add AU plugin effects.) I've restarted twice, but can't get the ARC 2 plugin to be recognized within my playback software.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Addendum: I also tried Audacity to check that the ARC plugin is working. Only the ARC 2 VST plugin shows up in the PlugIn Manager; the ARC 2 AU plugin does not show up at all, while my FabFilter AU plugins do show up. Why does the AU plugin not work?
eatapc

Re: ARC 2.5 in a Mac-based audiophile system

Postby eatapc » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:43 pm

I've submitted this to Support, so maybe they can help.
eatapc

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools