Cannot get ARC 2.5 working in Win10 Pro [Resolved by OP]

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Cannot get ARC 2.5 working in Win10 Pro [Resolved by OP]

Postby philcrawshay » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:03 am

Greetings,

After days of trying to get unsuccessfully get ARC2.5 working on my new win10 pro machine I am hoping that someone may have a solution.

Brief description of the problem: Any DAW I use to invoke the ARC plugin will crash the host application. If I use the 64bit version of ARC I get this in the event log:

Faulting module name: mkl_intel_thread.dll, version: 10.2.2.1, time stamp: 0x4a97819a
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x00000000000023d8
Faulting process id: 0x1f68
Faulting application start time: 0x01d498063f25160b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\reaper.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\mkl_intel_thread.dll

If I use the 32 bit version I get Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library R6025 pure virtual function call error.

I have installed / re-installed numerous times and also removed ALL visual c++ runtime libraries and installed latest versions

Not really sure where to go from here. This worked absolutely fine in my Win7 machine and all of this dll hell is way above my head. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks in anticipation
philcrawshay

Re: Cannot get ARC 2.5 working in Win10 Pro

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:57 am

Hello philcrawshay and welcome to the forum.

This is primarily a user to user forum, and someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby philcrawshay » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Thanks Darkstar,

I am speaking with support at the moment but even they don't know what the problem is, so hoping someone else may have some experience.
philcrawshay

Postby philcrawshay » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Just for anyone else having this issue, I managed to fix it by disabling Hyperthreading in the Bios
philcrawshay

Re: Cannot get ARC 2.5 working in Win10 Pro [Resolved by OP]

Postby samh53 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:10 pm

Hi

Although I do not know how to get the error log, I face the same situation on Windows10Pro(new machine).

In Reaper, loading Arc2.5 bring immediate crash of Reaper.
In Cubase9, arc2 is automatically listed in blacklist of plugins in Cubase9. And tying to re-activate Arc2 causes crash.

And after disable Hyperthreading in bios, all these problems have gone.

But since I use lots of instruments, disabling Hyperthreading is not a good idea.
Did someome find another way to solve these crash problems?

Sam
samh53

Re: Cannot get ARC 2.5 working in Win10 Pro [Resolved by OP]

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:12 pm

samh53 wrote:Hi

Although I do not know how to get the error log, I face the same situation on Windows10Pro(new machine).

In Reaper, loading Arc2.5 bring immediate crash of Reaper.
In Cubase9, arc2 is automatically listed in blacklist of plugins in Cubase9. And tying to re-activate Arc2 causes crash.

And after disable Hyperthreading in bios, all these problems have gone.

But since I use lots of instruments, disabling Hyperthreading is not a good idea.
Did someome find another way to solve these crash problems?

Sam

I wouldn't follow a suggestion to disable something in your processor based on a forum post. Please seek official IK support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and I'm sure they will assist with this issue and resolve it with you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools