Official Arc System Wish List!

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Official Arc System Wish List!

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:21 pm

This will be the official thread for Arc System feature requests. Please post any feature requests here moving forward. All older posts will be compiled here. This will help make sure all posts are laid out in an organized thread keeping your voices is heard.

Before posting, make sure to check that your idea/request is not posted already.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Official Arc System Wish List!

Postby kidfourtoday » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:10 pm

Systemwide use of ARC, so that its always on. It would be great to be able to get acclimated to my ARC calibrated monitors when listening to everything, from FLAC reference material in a media player, to Youtube videos or films.

If this can't be done, then I'd request a media player that allows reference listening using ARC outside of a DAW. I realize there are workarounds for this, but I haven't personally been able to get them working on my system.

Thanks! :D
kidfourtoday

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:07 pm

Thanks for the interests!

While I'll be sure to pass this along to the team, if you could PM me, I would be more than happy to make some suggestions in the meantime.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby chipss36 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:05 am

why not post sugestions for all to see?
chipss36

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:04 pm

chipss36 wrote:why not post sugestions for all to see?

If there are more complex settings or settings/changes that may affect systems negatively if performed incorrectly, it is best to work directly for a little more "one-on-one" or handholding where appropriate. This is typically why we try not to post things that involved actions like registry changes, etc here for anybody to randomly see and try.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chipss36 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:33 pm

Having this work system wide has been asked for from the first arc system, and many are still asking for the same, I have read about this system from its first release, could not afford it back then, starting to wonder if this is a issue with Audyssey?
None the less, system wide use is going to still be #1 as it has been for years.

That said I am am happy with the system, it works, it helps in less than ideal rooms, hotel rooms, and the price sure came down, hope you will still continue to develop the product.
I use a similar setup for car audio that pioneer uses. Time alignment and eq can do wonders with sound.

Rather than registry changes and such,
I just drag cds into t racks....
Pain in the butt, but stupid simple.
And makes for some good remasters while I am at it!
chipss36

Postby tedmartin » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:00 am

Having ARC save which correction is being used last by each instance of the plugin when saving a session. I am told the old version used to do this but it was removed or forgotten in the new version.

Currently ARC defaults to the 1st correction curve which is bad when using multiple instances as you have to go and select which correction to use on each instance every time you open a session. Its essentially like an eq that doesnt save its curve with the session.

Background on the reason behind multiple instances and why I am asking for this:
Cubase has what is called the "Control Room" which includes a software based monitor selector. This feeds up to 4 POST MixBuss stereo outputs each with independent plugin inserts each which can run an instance of ARC. This way you can feed separate pairs of monitors via your hardware outs on you i/o and select which set within the software.
tedmartin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:42 pm

tedmartin wrote:Having ARC save which correction is being used last by each instance of the plugin when saving a session. I am told the old version used to do this but it was removed or forgotten in the new version.

Currently ARC defaults to the 1st correction curve which is bad when using multiple instances as you have to go and select which correction to use on each instance every time you open a session. Its essentially like an eq that doesnt save its curve with the session.

Background on the reason behind multiple instances and why I am asking for this:
Cubase has what is called the "Control Room" which includes a software based monitor selector. This feeds up to 4 POST MixBuss stereo outputs each with independent plugin inserts each which can run an instance of ARC. This way you can feed separate pairs of monitors via your hardware outs on you i/o and select which set within the software.

Were you told this by official IK Support? If not, I'd let them know at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can provide official support on this.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Ramunas » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:18 am

System Wide for Arc :)
Ramunas

Postby tedmartin » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:38 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
tedmartin wrote:Having ARC save which correction is being used last by each instance of the plugin when saving a session. I am told the old version used to do this but it was removed or forgotten in the new version.

Were you told this by official IK Support? If not, I'd let them know at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can provide official support on this.

I did talk to support about this and they said it is on road map but no idea far away a release is with this fix.
tedmartin

Postby stevegalante » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:40 pm

Besides the system-wide thing, I REALLY hope that ARC settings will be correctly recalled in ProTools sessions, because right now it's still a nightmare...
As for new features I'd really love to have a much more detailed graphics of the response (with different smoothing levels), a better implementation of different applicable eq curves and even a mix knob that lets us use the correction at 100% or less.
It would also be nice to start working on phase alignment too, a bit like Trinnov does.
Thanks !
stevegalante

ARC for multichannel monitoring

Postby spudbone1098 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:22 pm

I see a lot of interest in having multiple stereo ARC presets which can be saved and restored with DAWs, but as you engineer this fundamental improvement please include the ability to do MONO speaker testing/curves and then permit us to have multiple iterations of this MONO plug-in so we can also use ARC for multi-channel playback systems.

Having stereo speakers tuned is great for music and YouTube videos, however I am sure I am not the only professional user needing a solution for 5.1, 7.1 and ATMOS projects.

MiniDSP is certainly a viable hardware solution which really works well for the home studio, but it is limited to 8 outputs (not enough for ATMOS), and since the ARC works pretty much just as effectively I am drawn to the much friendlier price point.

I hope this can be done.

Tom Maydeck, C.A.S.
spudbone1098

Postby SherwoodSound » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:27 pm

I also agree with at least 5.1 surround sound support. I believe that would put ARC above the rest to have it integrated into the ARC software.
SherwoodSound

Postby stevegalante » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:54 pm

Besides the obvious correct recall of settings (at least in ProTools on Mac) it would be nice to have a much more detailed graphic representation of the eq curve and correction.
Even better if it could work on phase correction too !
stevegalante

Postby stevegalante » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:12 pm

Tried **another correction tool** a few times, don't like how it sounds. Plus, by measuring the response with rew after the correction the one made with Arc was better. But I might switch to another system altogether.
stevegalante

Next

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools