Now Available! Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection for AmpliTube

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Now Available! Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection for AmpliT

Postby carlaz » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:18 pm

I very much doubt that 6 units of three band parametrics were part of Dimebag's signal chain from fingers to amp speaker when he laid down the tracks -- but I would be willing to accept that everything else, from stomps to amp speakers, in the current version of Amplitube is as close "real" as one can get to what he had, using today's technology -- the memories of Dimebag's guitar tech :mrgreen: -- and some "reverse engineering" by knowledgeable folks.

Six units of parametric EQ are very likely there to approximate the mixed (and mastered) signal -- which Amplitube could not hope to model for "real", no matter how great the attention to detail.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby cochleaaudio » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:23 pm

Now that's it. Thank you!
cochleaaudio

Postby cochleaaudio » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:16 am

One more question: what are the differences in routing in each preset of the Dimebag pack? I see that every preset has 8 different routing options, but again, they are not explained in the manual. The users would like to know how are these routings related to the song presets, otherwise it makes not much sense to put them without any explanation.
Can you share this info?
cochleaaudio

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:21 am

There is no special routing specifically for Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection for AmpliTube as it runs inside AmpliTube and uses its available routing options which should be covered in the manual (and are elaborated graphically in the interface itself).

Edit - Just checked, signal routing is covered in Chapter 3 of the AmpliTube 4 User Manual. If you are having trouble finding your manuals, please refer to the FAQ at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=823
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cochleaaudio » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:57 am

What I am asking is what are those routing options specifically. Different parts of the songs? Does not make much sense. Anyone in the design process of the plugin, who has the real info, can explain what were they used for in the Dimebag CFH recording process?
cochleaaudio

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:01 am

cochleaaudio wrote:What I am asking is what are those routing options specifically. Different parts of the songs? Does not make much sense. Anyone in the design process of the plugin, who has the real info, can explain what were they used for in the Dimebag CFH recording process?

Each of the presets should be named accordingly as to what song and what part of the song (as applicable) it represents/reproduces from Cowboys From Hell. The routing chosen would be whichever AmpliTube routing setup was best suited to match the tones from the record.

I was not a developer of this plugin but I do have "real info" so please keep your comments civil per the forum rules.

This plugin was not meant to be a "step-by step of the Cowboys From Hell recording session" but does replicate the gear and tone from the album using AmpliTube and the specific gear modeled in close cooperation of the Dimebag Darrell estate. However, I will see if perhaps Grady would be interested in a deeper look and sharing some of the experiences he had working with Dimebag in general and with regard to the tone on this great record.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cochleaaudio » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:14 am

Excuse me: by "real info" I mean literally specific info of the matter in discussion, not about general amplitube 4 questions. I don't understand your comment.
Returning to the query, there's no names or labelling for the different routings. Where do you say we can find that info?
Thanks.
cochleaaudio

Postby cochleaaudio » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:15 am

Excuse me: by "real info" I mean literally specific info of the matter in discussion, not about general amplitube 4 questions. I don't understand your comment.
Returning to the query, there's no names or labelling for the different routings. Where do you say we can find that info?
Thanks.
cochleaaudio

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:54 am

The routing options in AmpliTube are covered in Chapter 3 of the manual
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby giorgiopc77 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:01 pm

Will Graddy Champion collaborate with you in the future to also release a Vulgar Amps & Effects version, and maybe a Far Beyond Driven version too? That will definitely Kick A$$ is that's in your future plans.
giorgiopc77

Postby HARDWIREDTSD » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:11 pm

Will the Dimebag collection work on AmpliTube 3?
HARDWIREDTSD

Postby ikillintel » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:42 am

HARDWIREDTSD wrote:Will the Dimebag collection work on AmpliTube 3?

Hi, pretty sure the Artist Collections work with Amplitube 3 and 4
ikillintel

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:51 pm

Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection for AmpliTube runs in AmpliTube 4, not 3. Any collections that are released after AmpliTube 4's release will only run on that version as they will rely on the newer sound engine/audio framework.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby HARDWIREDTSD » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:20 pm

Thank you! For the quick reply. Time for me to get a new laptop! Lol
HARDWIREDTSD

Postby ikillintel » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:57 am

Peter_IK wrote:

Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection for AmpliTube runs in AmpliTube 4, not 3. Any collections that are released after AmpliTube 4's release will only run on that version as they will rely on the newer sound engine/audio framework.

Image :oops:
ikillintel

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling