Can arc 2.5 work with diffrent soundcards for in and out ?

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Can arc 2.5 work with diffrent soundcards for in and out ?

Postby acdc2000 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:30 pm

I use asioforall and choose for input my behringer USB soundbox which support 48 Volt phantompower. for output i use my sounblaster z soundcard(which i use normaly) which is connect with digital out to my surround receiver. i disable EQ in surround receiver and i measure. the curve look very strange. the after curve show above 2 khz -10 db upto 20 khz. i have mems microphone. and all tests work ok. the low freq upto 2 khz seem correct measure. but above 2 khz is boost alot and so sound very thin and bright

when i use the analog out of my USB soundbox, i hear noise depend on computer action. so i use this normaly not.

is it possible in ARC to measure with diffrent in and out sound devices or not ?. it is hard for me to get the analog out working from the USB soundbox
acdc2000

Re: Can arc 2.5 work with diffrent soundcards for in and ou

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:27 pm

Hey acdc2000,

While I would suggest first checking that all of your devices are set to a 48kHz sample rate. Please make sure to check with IK Multimedia technical support to see what could be going on here.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools