Mems microphone and calibration file

Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Mems microphone and calibration file

Postby Pasheim » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:54 am

Hi,
Just to be clear. I have already purchased and registered the ARC 2.5 with the Mems mic and a lot of other IK Multimedia products.
However, I notice when searching info on the mic, several people have posted requests regarding availability on the "calibration data file" for the mems mic. So far I have not found a clear answer from IK Multimedia.

So I ask, and hope for a clear answer:
* Will and can IK Multimedia provide the calibration data file for the new Mems Microfone, or is this considered to be a company secret?
* If IK Multimedia can provide the file, how can I get it?

Best regards
Pål
Pasheim

Re: Mems microphone and calibration file

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:29 pm

There is no calibration file available, the MEMS microphone works as intended with ARC System 2.5 without the need for any external calibration file or similar.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby paulcaplin » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:20 pm

This is really not a great answer. Clearly many people (including me) would like to get a copy of the calibration file for this mic, to make it possible to use it with other measurement software. This would be very useful, and in no way detracts from the usefulness of the ARC software or its appeal.

The calibration file must exist, since you must have used it when designing ARC. Why will you not make it available?
paulcaplin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:07 pm

It's calibration is specifically for ARC and would not be useful for other programs. We make this microphone for use with ARC, too, it is not meant for use with other programs, sorry.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby paulcaplin » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Sorry, Peter, but that answer just doesn't make sense.

Your website says "The ARC System 2.5 MEMS microphone makes for a great additional OMNI pattern recording tool you can add to your mic arsenal". So it IS intended to be useful for other purposes, and not just for use with ARC2, contrary to what you say.

There must be a calibration file in existence for the mic, since otherwise ARC2 would not yield accurate results. You can't design software like that without a calibration file.

So why won't you let us see the file? It would be so helpful.

You do understand that we're just talking about a small text file that describes the microphone's frequency response, right? Nothing more than that.
paulcaplin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:13 pm

It makes perfect sense. You can use it as a regular omni mic for recording, yes. We don't have calibration files for anything but direct use with ARC though.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Other Mix & Master Effects