ARC 2 causing Logic to crash

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

ARC 2 causing Logic to crash

Postby adam.fulford » Sat May 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Hi guys,

Anyone else having trouble with ARC 2 in Logic Pro X? I'm having quite a weird problem where if I add a new instance into a project Logic crashes out immediately. However when an instance already exists in the a previously saved file it still works, and I can edit the settings, change measurement etc. Otherwise my system to totally stable, and I'm not having trouble with any other plugins. I'm not 100% sure but I think it may have started happening when updating mac os x to sierra. I didn't notice because my default logic template has ARC already on the master bus!

I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling ARC 2, reinstalling the previous version, clearing logic preferences, rescanning AU's. So far no luck! If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

Thanks,

Adam
adam.fulford

Re: ARC 2 causing Logic to crash

Postby Peter_IK » Sun May 21, 2017 1:37 am

Hi, please report your issue to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ if you have not already done so and they will happily assist you and troubleshoot the issue you are having.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mex » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:33 pm

Unfortunately I’ve been having the same issue with Arc, which appears to have started since a recent Apple security update. Everything else on my system is rock solid and up until this point, I’d been using Arc pretty much since it was first released. I have been liaising with IK’s tech support and various things they’ve suggested have been tried to no avail sadly. It’s been a while since they’ve come back to me with any other ideas, so I guess they are stumped as well. I’m getting used to recording life without Arc, as I’m starting to think that’s the way the road will finally go!
mex

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:29 pm

Please Reply to your Support Ticket and request a progress update.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mex » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:13 pm

I have just requested an update on my Support Ticket as you’ve advised accordingly.

Unfortunately the position with Arc suddenly starting to crash its host DAW (I’ve tried several including IK Multimedia’s very own T-Racks, all with the same result) isn’t interesting, but incredibly frustrating! It is a position that is most certainly true – there’s plenty of other things in life that are designed to trip one up, so really no need to make more up for no reason.

I’m philosophical about this situation however, and realise it’s simply one of those grey areas of computing with an obvious clash of varying systems and updates that isn’t the fault of IK Multimedia, despite that Arc hasn’t been updated for a considerable amount of time.
I’ll remain a fan of IK Multimedia whatever the outcome is with Arc, with my machines remaining full of their great products.

I’ve had Arc from its original release when I was operating with a monitoring system and room that weren’t too great to be honest. However, my studio has since moved and had a major overhaul last year, whereby the acoustics and monitoring have been greatly improved, so if Arc does have to bite the dust, it really won’t be the end of the world, as its served me very well in previous years when certainly needed.
mex

Postby mex » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:14 am

Further to this post I haven’t received a reply regarding this issue or even an update about my ongoing Ticket Support. Consequently one can only presume it remains a mystery scenario to IK Multimedia themselves, with no solution in the pipeline.

This isn’t the end of the world as per my previous post, as my new studio is acoustically so much better with an improved monitoring system and due to the issue, I’ve now not been running Arc for a while… In fact to the point where I’m no longer missing it! Subsequently I think its purpose has now been served with me and a demise of a resting place arrived at. Somewhat disappointed in IK however, in not getting back to me in response to enquiring about the ongoing Ticket Support, even if it was just to say no solution has been found.
mex

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:16 pm

Please see the posting guidelines, with specific attention to those about posting whilst working with an ongoing support ticket, at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 That will likely be your best route to a solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mex » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:58 pm

As per my original post, it is appreciated these spurious things can occur with technology and continue to be an IK Multimedia fan regardless, but remain a little disheartened with the lack of response on my support ticket (not at finding a solution; just in the ceasing of communication, as I never heard back from the simple progress request update, which was advised above here by the moderator two months ago). Hopefully this was just an unfortunate singular oversight although the totalitarian rules concerning public posting as highlighted by the second mediator, perhaps are not such virtuous emblems to display.

Anyway, despite the interaction discontinuing, I’m pleased to say that after Apple’s last update my Arc issue rectified instantly, suggesting that the previous Apple updates had tripped it up somewhere along the line, where it clearly was not the fault of IK Multimedia’s.

At this juncture I’m now hoping IK Multimedia will soon make definitive clear statements as to whether their products are compatible with macOS Mojave, because Sweetwater are stating IK Multimedia has no official statement at this time. All the manufacturers of the other products I run on my system have distinctly given full compatibility announcements yet on the IK Multimedia website, each product spec indicates operation on the latest platforms, but is slightly ambiguous. I’m certainly not going to update to macOS Mojave until confirmation is corroborated.
mex

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools