Lurssen Mastering Console

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Postby forums » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:56 am

I am running the Lurssen Mastering Console, within Logic as a plug in.

a couple of questions

1. if I run it standalone, how do I incorporate the use of ARC 2?

2. When I select any of the AMERICANA presets i get a lot of background noise appear. Not in other genre's. Why?

3. Gain staging for this plug in. At what level is the plug in expecting to see audio come into it? My 0VU point is -20dBfs.

4. Why doesn't the unit have a volume trim somewhere, or am I missing it.. ? (for level matching purposes.

cheers

Wiz
forums

Re: Lurssen Mastering Console

Postby forums » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:45 pm

any chance of an answer?

cheers

Wiz
forums

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:04 pm

forums wrote:1. if I run it standalone, how do I incorporate the use of ARC 2?

ARC System 2 is not incorporated into the standalone version of Lurssen Mastering Console.

2. When I select any of the AMERICANA presets i get a lot of background noise appear. Not in other genre's. Why?

That doesn't sound like the normal behavior, I would report this to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ for more direct assistance.
3. Gain staging for this plug in. At what level is the plug in expecting to see audio come into it? My 0VU point is -20dBfs.

While you should not have to adjust your mix's level before going into Lurssen Mastering Console (with any reasonable-level mix) and you can adjust the input gain once you are using Lurssen Mastering Console, I can relay this question to the team or if you open a ticket for #2 you may want to do so there.
4. Why doesn't the unit have a volume trim somewhere, or am I missing it.. ? (for level matching purposes.

I will relay your feature request to the team. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby forums » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:57 pm

If you could relay the question to the team please, I would appreciate that.

Its important to know, considering I use a hybrid set up for mixing, incorporating hardware.

thanks for the reply

cheers

Wiz
forums

Postby Jason_IK » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:09 pm

Please contact support directly and we can help you with this in more detail.
Jason Williams - Senior Technical Support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook- Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Jason_IK
IK Moderator

Postby WestCoast2019 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:15 am

Hi,

I'm new to the Mastering Console & would like to know a way to get a coherent Master Sound & Levels for an album.

My idea is to get the mixed songs in order with space in between (2 sec) with Studio One Project Page. Then Export the file and get it in the Lurssen Mastering Console. After choosing the style and make some adjustments (I have only Voice, acoustic Guitar and Midi Strings/ Piano), I would like to use the automation selector to adjust the curve (input/drive) and write it and, if necessary re-adjust, update the written automation with touch modus.

Can I get a balanced overall output level that way?

Thanks!

Greetings from Germany
MacBook Air • 2,3 GHz • i7 • 8GB RAM
Logic Pro X • Presonus Studio One
SPL Madison • SPL Madicon
SPL Hardware (Compressor/Per Amp)
Plug-ins:
brainworx / Plug-in Alliance
WestCoast2019

Postby garfy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi WestCoast2019 and welcome to the forums

Yes, you should be able to achieve what you want using your method.

Alternatively, you should be able to open Lurssen Mastering Console as a plugin inside your DAW, so you could miss out your step of rendering out a large file from S1 and importing into LMC. You should also be able to use your DAWs automation to automate all of LMC's controls, not just the Input Drive and Push.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby WestCoast2019 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:12 am

Hi garfy,

thank you!
I'll try the automation in the DAW, also I like the the idea of the stand-alone mode.

By the way, the Lurssen Console is fantastic, I appreciate the chains and its sound, it's very transparent and natural. And you can adjust a lot more than it seems at first glance :-).
MacBook Air • 2,3 GHz • i7 • 8GB RAM
Logic Pro X • Presonus Studio One
SPL Madison • SPL Madicon
SPL Hardware (Compressor/Per Amp)
Plug-ins:
brainworx / Plug-in Alliance
WestCoast2019

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools