How can i use Arc for listening music?(youtube-browser etc)

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Re: How can i use Arc for listening music?(youtube-browser e

Postby nverxion » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:25 am

Hi Chris and thanks for sharing this trick !

It's just about to work perfectly fine on my setup, but there is an odd thing I can't manage to fix : to avoid audio crackles while playback, I need to crank up the buffer to maximum (11025 samples, which is crazy high). You could guess the latency is going crazy too...

It's really weird, I'm running an i7 3,4Ghz stable / 3,8Ghz turbo, with 32 GB ram and 2Tb Samsung Evo Plus SSD, and I usually don't need to go over 256 samples in Ableton to get pure stable audio.
Is there anything linked to choosing DS other MME in Wave menu ?

Being able to listen to albums/references tracks through ARC corrections is amazing, but my latency is a pain in the ***... so if anyone have any thought, feel free to share ;)

Here's what I recommend...

All you need is Pedalboard 2, which is a desktop VST host for live scenarios, and VB Audio Cable. You can also use their Hi-Fi Cable instead, which is what I do. Just make sure ASIO Bridge is disabled (not using ASIO) and both the input and output of the cable have the same sample rate (I use 48,000 samples). All you have to do is select the cable's input as the Windows default audio device, then Pedalboard's driver will be Windows Audio, and the input source is going to be the cable's output. Pedalboard's output will go to the audio device that you would normally use, such as your soundcard or USB DAC. This setup routes the Windows system audio through the cable, into Pedalboard, and then out of Pedalboard directly to the audio device. You can load VST effects like ARC3 into Pedalboard as well as other things like EQ plugins, HP filters, and LP filters. I use VUMT as a trim in there to check my levels. Whatever you want to do you can do. You should be able to use 480 as your buffer size.

Pedalboard2 is free and can be found floating around the internet. If you can't find it, let me know.
nverxion

Postby tomboudiboudi » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:25 pm

Hi nverxion,

It actually works like a charm, way better than savihost, thanks a lot !

I need to ask : should I use Pedalboard2/VB Cable in Ableton still to listen to my ARC 2 correction ? Or is it better to symply run ARC 2 as vst in Ableton with default audio interface routing ? In which case I get the best latency ?
tomboudiboudi

Postby nverxion » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:43 pm

When I want to use a DAW I switch back to the default routing and insert my correction on the end of the master buss. I use ASIO drivers with Samplitude. Basically, Pedalboard is only used for Windows desktop audio around here! It is very easy to swap the routing around.
nverxion

Postby stergios » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:46 am

nverxion wrote:
Hi Chris and thanks for sharing this trick !

It's just about to work perfectly fine on my setup, but there is an odd thing I can't manage to fix : to avoid audio crackles while playback, I need to crank up the buffer to maximum (11025 samples, which is crazy high). You could guess the latency is going crazy too...

It's really weird, I'm running an i7 3,4Ghz stable / 3,8Ghz turbo, with 32 GB ram and 2Tb Samsung Evo Plus SSD, and I usually don't need to go over 256 samples in Ableton to get pure stable audio.
Is there anything linked to choosing DS other MME in Wave menu ?

Being able to listen to albums/references tracks through ARC corrections is amazing, but my latency is a pain in the ***... so if anyone have any thought, feel free to share ;)

Here's what I recommend...

All you need is Pedalboard 2, which is a desktop VST host for live scenarios, and VB Audio Cable. You can also use their Hi-Fi Cable instead, which is what I do. Just make sure ASIO Bridge is disabled (not using ASIO) and both the input and output of the cable have the same sample rate (I use 48,000 samples). All you have to do is select the cable's input as the Windows default audio device, then Pedalboard's driver will be Windows Audio, and the input source is going to be the cable's output. Pedalboard's output will go to the audio device that you would normally use, such as your soundcard or USB DAC. This setup routes the Windows system audio through the cable, into Pedalboard, and then out of Pedalboard directly to the audio device. You can load VST effects like ARC3 into Pedalboard as well as other things like EQ plugins, HP filters, and LP filters. I use VUMT as a trim in there to check my levels. Whatever you want to do you can do. You should be able to use 480 as your buffer size.

Pedalboard2 is free and can be found floating around the internet. If you can't find it, let me know.

hi
i tried to use pedalboard the way you describe but when i choose the input device(hifi cable out) i get the error ''error when trying to open audio device''.
In fact i get this error even if i choose other devices than hifi cable out.
Do you know how can i solve this problem?
I read in the ''TODO'' teext in pedalboard's folder :''- Update to latest version of JUCE.''
how do i do this?there is not an installer for juse.
is this related?
stergios

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:07 pm

For system-wide ARC correction, we now have released ARC Studio. We've had a lot of great feedback from some great recording engineers, schools, and others who were having issues like remembering to turn off their correction before rendering their projects, issues with drivers etc on their current software correction setup, those who had speakers that do not have built-in correction, etc already.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools