Restoring from ZIP file / Unauthorizing old machine/Resolved

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Restoring from ZIP file / Unauthorizing old machine/Resolved

Postby unsignedint » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:26 pm

Hello,
I've had unfortunate event where the old machine I had Total Studio 2 MAX installed died on me, so I'm restoring the environment on the machine that I'm using provisionally. I have two questions.

1) I have a set of ZIP files that I've backed up from pre-Product Manager days. I've attempted to place those files in the Download folder for the Product Manager, but they do not show up, instead it says "Expired Downloads" -- I have a full backup of all the ZIP file and definitely do not want pay for what I have. Would you advise on the how I should structure the file so Project Manager will properly recognize these files for installation?

2) Now that Product Manager supports Unauthorizing, how do I unauthorize the installation that I no longer can boot up? I've taken out the SSD from my computer broke. Would you advise on the process to deauthorize the installation from it?

Thank you.
unsignedint

Re: Restoring from ZIP file / Unauthorizing old machine

Postby lchalk » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:42 pm

My question exactly, Somebody please answer this question?
lchalk

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:49 am

Product Manager will not recognize files it did not download or which were pre-IK Product Manager. It will also not unauthorize software it did not authorize. You get 10 authorizations and aren't likely to run out, especially now that you can authorize/deauthorize new installations via IK Product Manager. In the rare event that you do, IK Support can assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lchalk » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:58 am

If I download with the project manager (To a removable drive) and them move the drive to another computer and install the project manager and point it to my disk, will it be able to use them (or will I have to download everything again)? If not, what is the point of having backups
lchalk

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:06 pm

You don't need to move application installers from machine to machine and yes of course they will use another authorization on another computer. Backups are recommended for sound libraries which are different than the applications/plugins themselves.

For sound libraries, you'd just move the expanded files to another computer, use an external hard drive, or keep the zips and uncompress those sound libraries when you need them. Once you authorize the program you use the sound files in (like SampleTank or Syntronik) you should have access to those sound library files when mapped inside said program.

If you have more specific needs that this does not answer, I'd suggest explaining your systems' setup and precise requirements and/or what you intend to do to IK Support and they can advise you more specifically based on your scenario.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lchalk » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:11 pm

Thanks Peter, that answers my question. I am building a new workstation in a couple months, after all my downloads expire and was concerned that it was going to cause a problem.
lchalk

Restoring from ZIP file / Unauthorizing old machine [Resolve

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:37 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the second poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools