T Racks Custom Shop Load Button Not Visible

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

T Racks Custom Shop Load Button Not Visible

Postby anojette » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:59 pm

I just downloaded and authorized T Racks Custom Shop. I was trying to start a project and spent 15 minutes looking for how to load a WAV file. Finally, I decided to look at the manual, wondering why a product was designed in such a manner that referring to the manual is necessary to perform the most routine tasks such as loading a WAV file.

In the manual I find that the file load button is at the bottom of the screen. When I return to the application I see that the T Racks window is cut off at the bottom of my screen and the window does not let you resize it. I have a 27 inch monitor, so I do not think my monitor is the problem. Has anyone ever seen this problem before? The application is basically useless without being able to load files or resize the window so that I can access the LOAD button.

This is T Racks Custom Shop standalone version. Thank you.
anojette

Re: T Racks Custom Shop Load Button Not Visible

Postby anojette » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:10 pm

either I am doing something quite stupid (which is entirely possible), or there is a serious defect in the latest version of T Racks Custom Shop. In the VST version, there is no panel for the LOAD button either. In fact, in the VST version, the window listing the audio files does not even appear. Last thing at the bottom of the screen is the bar with the INFO PREF and AUTO buttons, nothing after that. At least in standalone, you get the file window.

Bummer.... Am I doing something wrong, or is there a serious defect in T Racks Custom Shop
anojette

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:13 pm

anojette wrote:either I am doing something quite stupid (which is entirely possible), or there is a serious defect in the latest version of T Racks Custom Shop. In the VST version, there is no panel for the LOAD button either. In fact, in the VST version, the window listing the audio files does not even appear. Last thing at the bottom of the screen is the bar with the INFO PREF and AUTO buttons, nothing after that. At least in standalone, you get the file window.

Bummer.... Am I doing something wrong, or is there a serious defect in T Racks Custom Shop

If you are using T-RackS as a VST in a host/DAW program there is no need to load a WAV into it since you'd be using it as either an insert on an audio track (which is where your WAV would be) or as a send/bus into which you'd route audio from multiple tracks. If you have issue (like you mention with the standalone) please do not hesitate to contact our support team who are happy to help in these instances where our users are having issues using any of our products.

Also, note that you can drag files directly into the standalone version of T-RackS. Hope that helps too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby doucettem » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:58 am

I just purchased T-Racks Deluxe and I'm having the same problem. Please help, no load, remove or process tabs?
doucettem

Postby sidewalkdaredevil » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:32 pm

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I spent a couple of hours last night trying to figure out why there are no tabs at the bottom of the screen. I even hid my toolbar olny to discover that there are no buttons at the bottom of the standalone, It kinda just ends.... :cry:
sidewalkdaredevil

Postby grem » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:44 pm

Sidewalk, first thing I thought of when reading this was screen/monitor resolution. Does the TR window start at the very top of the screen and go to the bottom of screen?

Also, have you tried to drag a wav file into the TR interface like Peter suggested? I tried it and it works on my end.

[edit] I did try to resize the standalone. But it would not let me. Though it shows an arrow, nothing happens when you try to drag it smaller/larger. [/edit]
grem

Postby anojette » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:25 am

sidewalkdaredevil wrote:Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I spent a couple of hours last night trying to figure out why there are no tabs at the bottom of the screen. I even hid my toolbar olny to discover that there are no buttons at the bottom of the standalone, It kinda just ends.... :cry:

I just downloaded the latest version of T-Racks and the problem persists.

Earlier this year I opened a ticket with tech support and their only suggestions were to make various changes to my system in order to work around their poor design.

I will open another ticket and see if there are any plans to fix this.
anojette

Postby slatpak » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:23 pm

Same problem here, very frustrating. Even though you are able to click and drag to load, the stop and play buttons are hard to access as well. Had all intentions of taking advantage of the "buy 1 receive 5" promo, but did not because of this poor design. IK Multimedia Please address!!
slatpak

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:32 pm

The window is not resizable. On my tiny MacBook Air I am able to see all of it when hiding the dock (you can do so with Command-option-D to toggle) and I believe there is similar Windows functionality if your screen resolution has the dock or task bar covering the bottom of the interface.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby anojette » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:25 am

Peter_IK wrote:The window is not resizable. On my tiny MacBook Air I am able to see all of it when hiding the dock (you can do so with Command-option-D to toggle) and I believe there is similar Windows functionality if your screen resolution has the dock or task bar covering the bottom of the interface.

My problem is not due to the task bar covering the bottom of the interface. I can see the bottom border of the interface. The buttons are simply not there.
anojette

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:07 am

Then please remind support that this issue you are having persists and they will continue to assist you. This is not typical behavior as the buttons should be there, and I don't see reports of the buttons missing so they definitely don't have an easy one there but I do hope they can get it rectified!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby clintmartin » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:12 pm

I have a 23" monitor and see everything fine. I bet you anything this has to do with screen resolution. Try 1280 X 800 and see what happens.
clintmartin

Postby grem » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:50 pm

I believe and have said the same thing Clint in my post above. No one has answered my question. It's got to be resolution. Or something to do with oversize fonts.
grem

Postby clintmartin » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:48 pm

They must have it fixed, and just not have thought to come back and say so.
clintmartin

Postby anojette » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:08 pm

Three years later, and with version 4.10 the problem persists with the free T Racks Custom Shop. The file load button and bottom panel are not displayed.

I just took a screen shot but apparently this forum does not support attachments.

What can I do to get someone at IK to look at and fix this problem? For what it is worth, there are a couple of IK products for sale that I am very interested in. But there is no way I am going to spend good money at a company that lets a major defect linger for 3 years.

The screen shot I just took shows that the bottom border of the Window is visible. It is not being cut off or overlaid by the Windows task bar. The bottom pane for loading files is simply not there.
anojette

Next

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox